Four More (new) June Releases

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Four More (new) June Releases

Post by BillBo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:11 am

- Commander Anthology II
- Battlebond
- Signature Spellbook: Jace
- Golabl Series: Jiang Yanggu & Mu Yanling
Mostly reprints w/ occasional new cards.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/products/coming-soon
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Four More (new) June Releases

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:10 am

I only have one commander deck and it hasn't made any of the top ten lists so I will keep an eye out for the Anthology to see if it is good value for money.

The other stuff looks interesting as well, but I am just going to enjoy the stuff I already have, I can't afford to collect boosters and play the game, one or the other!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am

BillBo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:11 am
- Commander Anthology II
- Battlebond
- Signature Spellbook: Jace
- Golabl Series: Jiang Yanggu & Mu Yanling
Mostly reprints w/ occasional new cards.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/products/coming-soon
Just more stuff to addd to the "Compilation of Manufacture Information for MTG Products", like if there wasn't enough. At least, only 3 of them are just available in English.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 am

dragsamou wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am
Just more stuff to addd to the "Compilation of Manufacture Information for MTG Products", like if there wasn't enough.
I hear you, Alexis, I hear you! Over the years it has gotten worse and worse for all kinds of collectors. But I can't blame WotC, collectors don't generate a lot of profit.
I was told from ppl, who should know, that the rising flood of product during 2016–17 was a pilot WotC deliberately run to test whether market saturation is a problem and if so, at what level exactly. It seems they concluded (or HASBRO decided) that saturation is not (yet) a problem and that there is still room left for pumping out more product, even if its quality suffers. For me the main reason to close my collection of land cards at the 25-year mark, ie, with Core 2018. With new product every other week it's a pace I can no longer enjoy. I don't envy you as you try to keep up …
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 am

BillBo wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:42 am
dragsamou wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am
Just more stuff to addd to the "Compilation of Manufacture Information for MTG Products", like if there wasn't enough.
I hear you, Alexis, I hear you! Over the years it has gotten worse and worse for all kinds of collectors. But I can't blame WotC, collectors don't generate a lot of profit.
I was told from ppl, who should know, that the rising flood of product during 2016–17 was a pilot WotC deliberately run to test whether market saturation is a problem and if so, at what level exactly. It seems they concluded (or HASBRO decided) that saturation is not (yet) a problem and that there is still room left for pumping out more product, even if its quality suffers. For me the main reason to close my collection of land cards at the 25-year mark, ie, with Core 2018. With new product every other week it's a pace I can no longer enjoy. I don't envy you as you try to keep up …
Hi Bernd

From March 2018 till August 2018, that's 10 more new Edition, Set or Expansion, while adding them in the Compilation of Manufacture Information for MTG Products, I find myself adding 15 or so, new sealed products in the list.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the new releases beyond the boosters but the new Challenge Decks are all over YouTube.

An affordable way to get into competitive modern apparently.

Lots of YouTubers are getting excited over the cards in the set. Will they have their own unique expansion symbol or the one from the set they are in?

Might have to pick some up if I can get them for MSRP or better.