A Personal note from Mystical_tutor

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:06 pm

Friends;

First off, Much appreciation for the kind thoughts and remembrances from so many of you.

I am really sorry for my absence from the board and even missing blood at GenCon.

Chaotic is not even the whole story of this summer. I just realized that summer is gone.....

Two weeks ago I conducted a wedding. Hardest thing I have done in years because it was for Peter and Dee. After 6 years they decided to make it forever and I think they are a wonderful couple. I couldn't hardly remember or read my notes....

Now things are calming down and I hope to catch up on collecting and friendships I'm down to a couple physical therapy sessions a week and replacing the roof on my house so things are much better. I have a big due out to Mark and a small one to Antonio. If I owe anyone else something please rattle my cage.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 pm

A little update for those that are interested.

I have not been providing Alexis with much in the way of scans lately. My Windows XP computer that could talk to my printer/scanner died. I am working on trying to:
1) find an older scanner that copies foil colors correctly and will interface with Windows 7
or 2) Fix the old XP system (drives are readable but the system won't even execute POST).
or 3) find drivers for my printer that talk to windows 7. There is a hint that the company may have made some but I have not been able to get it to work yet.

I have a large number of scans from different parties that just need processing, I will be getting on those as soon as the cold weather hits and I stay in more.

Just FYI

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Re: A Personal note from Mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 am

Now that my laptop is up again (power supply died) I can get back to scans. It is the only system I have with Printshop on it.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:18 pm

Comcast (Xfinity) has abandoned their attempt to host a privet web site for their customers. All the pictures I have posted on this board in the last several years are now gone (or soon will be).

In most cases that will be a non event for readers here but in case there is a specific photo that was up that was of interest or value to one of you, please drop me a PM and I will attempt to find it again and get it to you someway.

I'm tired. The nodules that have been found in my lungs seem to be blocking some of the oxygen and I just fade out sometimes. I am still working on my collection. I have reached my official "end point" and will no longer be collecting "all Magic cards in English" but rather trying to fill any holes I still have and upgrade some cards. The publication of the "final Core set" and the change of the block format made a perfect place for me to finish.

main project ATM is organizing my 2000 artist proofs and finding more that I would like. I am not excited about or fond of digital art but there are still some artists using original media and there are a gazillion proofs I don't have.

Wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.
Gary
Gary Adkison

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:01 am

You're the best!

Have a great holiday season.

That is all. - John
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks John hang in there.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Post by Neuron » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Hi Gary,

stay healthy!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks buddy, I'm trying. Religiously doing my back exercises and they are helping.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 pm

my friends;
I need to make a couple comments about my life, I don't want to bore you or sound morbid but would like to share with you.
As you know I'm 76 now (as in 3/4 th of a Century) and I'm starting to see and feel it. The Veterans Administration has finally evaluated my hearing at a 60% loss so my ability to communicate--specially on telephones has some real challenges. My world is pretty quiet sometimes. My mental abilities are not what they used to be and sometimes are downright crappy. Thus even straightforward collecting tasks like the Tips and Tokens data become more of a challenge than I can take for long.
I'm sharing this because I know some of you would actually want to know. I have started parting with some of my stuff, hoping to find good homes for things I cherish, and, honestly to try and gather some funds to put away for my wonderful wife and the love of my life. She has no insight into Magic collecting so it would be an injustice to fade out on her and leave her with a pile of stuff she wouldn't know where to begin with. (I think she will do fine with the Lugers and other guns.
So I am asking for your patience and understanding when I say something on the board and it doesn't check out--I try to be careful, Take care all of you and may your manna pools always be full.
Gary Adkison

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:52 am

Best wishes Gary... remember 76 is the new 46 (btw, I'm actually 46, so you'll be in good company). :-P

I've learned over the years that no one knows how long the ride will be, so enjoy it at all times. Who knows, you might be slinging cards at the WotC Magic the Gathering 50th anniversary celebration!!! :wink:

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:20 am

All the best.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:57 am

Hi Gary,

all the best wishes to you - and your wife of course.

Thanks for your words.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:07 am

Hi my friend

Enjoy as much as you can your life with your wife, don't bother about about tips cards and tokens. Lets have a chat soon.

Take care
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Post by Neuron » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Best wishes too and bear up!

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

Post by TheJGit » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 pm

I'm pretty sure we're all just kids anyways :-P ....well, that's how I've always looked at it. Best wishes Gary!