signed Pete Venter Magic Print * euro gencon '94 *

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

sunset_empress

signed Pete Venter Magic Print * euro gencon '94 *

Post by sunset_empress » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:28 pm

I hope it is ok for me to post here.

I have a limited [at least, as far as I am aware] edition print signed by Pete Vetner - he gave it to me at Euro GenCon in 1994.

It features a few of the characters from the early cards and the artwork is amazing. The colours are incredibly vivid and the print unframed and is in mint condition.

Anyway - down to the questions:

Does anyone know anything about the piece?

Is this print desirable? If so - any ideas how much I could expect for it when I sell it.

I want to put it up for sale but I don't even know if anyone would be interested - and to be honest I wouldn't want to let it go for only a couple of pounds - so I thought I'd ask here.

I did try searching for any more info on it - but drew a blank.

If you want to have a look - here is a link to a photo I took - photo shopped simply to higlight the signature.

CLICK HERE for photo

edit:updated URL since my web site seems to have disappeared :(

The photo quality isn't fantastic and certainly doesn't do the piece justice - the flash has affected it badly and I only saved as a low quality jpeg - but it should give you an idea.

Any comments suggestions questions etc welcome :D

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Re: signed Pete Venter Magic Print * euro gencon '

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:12 am

The artwork has been used as cover for the first - and only - Magic binder produced by WotC.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:44 am

Honestly, my opinion is that this is a nice item, and I might not mind owning it, however, the writing on it takes away from the desire of owning it.
If it was unblemished (no sig or whatnot), then it would be worth more.  But with the signature, it kinda draws attention away from the artwork, which causes it to lose its appeal.
Oct 30, away until further notice

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:34 am

If it was unblemished (no sig or whatnot), then it would be worth more.  But with the signature, it kinda draws attention away from the artwork, which causes it to lose its appeal.
I agree that looks like a great print.  I think that if you were to matte and frame the print then the signature would be covered, as the signature is only on the lower white portion of the print.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:19 am

indeed, sweet poster.  I like the signiture.  It adds realness to it.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Chad2012
Librarities Legend

Post by Chad2012 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:04 am

It was used in advertisments in duelist and inquest, for I believe, forth edition or revised. I'll see if I can find some old issues with it in it, and scan it for ya.
I, the undersigned, do hereby agree to all stipulations as discussed above. Signed, .............