Seeded Pre Release Pack

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

hunterjwizard
Librarities Member

Seeded Pre Release Pack

Post by hunterjwizard » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:54 am

I just picked up a Pre-Release Stamped Thunderbreak Regent from my local cardshop. It happens to still be sealed in the clear plastic seeded booster pack.

So, my question is: is the seeded pack likely to go up in value by virtue of still being sealed? Or should I just open it up and hard-sleeve the card?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Yes.

Gary

I have the same problem with a couple packs that I have not been able to decide what to do with--just can't bring myself to open them.
From the time of RTR First "seeded" packs I think. I have not seen anyone come up on the board and indicate they are collecting the sealed "seeded" packs. I'm sure some have thought of it, as I did, but unless there is an interested collector, the chance of the value of the pack going up are not great.

The other side of the coin is that the promo cards themselves may or may not go up. For me, here in Colorado, it has been much harder to find prerelease promos after an event and I have ordered most off the internet.
Because we don't know quantities of the printings of these (at least I don't) they may become a special interest item at some time. For sure there are far fewer of them in circulation than previous prerelease promos.

I have kept mine sealed--the two I have... LOL

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

hunterjwizard
Librarities Member

Post by hunterjwizard » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 pm

I think I will go ahead and open it, then.

I had picked up a second one since making the post, which I did open right away, primarily because the guy I bought it from was curious what else was inside(way over-paid for it, too, but whatever).

Since I eventually plan to have the card signed by the artist, I am thinking I will just open it and hard-sleeve it. I wouldn't have sold it anyway.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:01 am

You can always open the booster at a later date, but you can't reseal it.

Might as well keep your options open.

I collect sealed boosters and although I have a few of the clear plastic boosters I am not currently actively collecting them.

When I finally finish my global sealed set, or hit a wall, I will start looking around for something else to collect.