Fate Reforged Promos

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 am

I have different numbers for Fate Reforged:
36 Alternate Art cards in the Ugin's Fate Boosters (26 AA cards + 10 AA Lands) Regular only, no foils.
+ 30 prerelease promos (dated foils)
+ the others you mention
The WotC article on the 19th http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-01-19
did not tell what languages they are in but I already know of German, English and Korean so all 11 may have been printed which would give us 726 just for the prerelease, which will all need to be on the board someplace even if we seperate the AA from the promos. In this case that is rather hard to justify though because WotC specifically used the AA cards in the Urgn's Fate boosters as a promotion mechanic of the release.

So, global collectors, good luck and keep up the battle, you can do it......
Me? I'm going crazy just trying to get the 36 AA cards in English....

Gary

dragsamou wrote:Hi Mark

Looks like for 2015, Promos will hit a new record as I was looking at the Promos for Fate Reforged, we have:

24 Promos from Ugin's Fate Booster X ? Languages = ?
28 Promos from Prerelease X 11 Languages = 308
6 Promos from Clash Packs X ? Languages = ?
1 Promo from Launch Party X 11 Languages = 11
1 Promo from Buy-a-box X 11 Languages =11
2 Game Day Promos X 11 Languages= 22

Add all the others Promos FNM, Grand Prix, etc...
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 am

Hi Gary

I'm so confused from those Ugin's Fate Promos, as it says 26 on Magic Arcana, not counting the Manifest Token , but you wrote 36. Apparently the 10 Lands are not Alternate Art, but since I don't collect those, I can't tell ?

Ainok Tracker
Altar of the Brood
Arashin War Beast
Arc Lightning
Briber's Purse
Debilitating Injury
Dragonscale Boon
Fierce Invocation
Formless Nurturing
Ghostfire Blade
Grim Haruspex
Hewed Stone Retainers
Jeering Instigator
Jeskai Infiltrator
Mastery of the Unseen
Mystic of the Hidden Way
Reality Shift
Ruthless Ripper
Smite the Monstrous
Soul Summons
Sultai Emissary
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Ugin's Construct
Watcher of the Roost
Wildcall
Write into Being

Regarding Prerelease cards are you sure of 36, cause I read 30 almost everywhere on Google and some MTG websites ?

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Fate_Reforged
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:03 am

As an aside, In the Ugin's Fate boosters all of the Manifest tokens I saw (I know that is a small sample) had the FNM back on them.

Have you seen other backs on the Manifest tokens from those boosters? (I have several backs from regular FR boosters).

Only 4 tokens in this set. That is a record.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-01-07

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:30 am

Alexis;
Your too quick for me. I deleted the post you quote here and did a different one (see above)
There are two different sets.
The Urgn's Fate booster promos of which there are 36. 26 regular playing cards and 10 lands. These all have Alternate Art. I only have the lands and 5 of the others. There was a WotC posting of the land but I can't find it now.
Plus the actual prerelease dated, foil, promos that were in the sealed boxes.
You are correct there are 30 of them as listed on MTG Salvation
(listed alphabetically here)
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
Arcbond
Archfiend of Depravity
Atarka, World Render
Brutal Hordechief
Daghatar the Adamant
Dragonscale General
Dromoka, the Eternal
Eye Avengers
Flamerush Rider
Flamewake Phoenix
Jeskai Infiltrator
Kolaghan, the Storm’s Fury
Mardu Strikeleader
Mastery of the Unseen
Ojutai, Soul of Winter
Rally the Ancestors
Sage
Sandsteppe Mastodon
Shaman of the Great Hunt
Shamanic Revelation
Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest
Silumgar, the Drifting Death
Soulfire Grand Master
Soulflayer
Supplant Form
Tasigur, the Golden Fang
Torrent Elemental
Warden of the First Tree
Wildcall
Yasova Dragonclaw

I don't blame you for being confused. Only players are not confused because they don't care...

Gary

dragsamou wrote: Hi Gary

I'm so confused from those Ugin's Fate Promos, as it says 26 on Magic Arcana, not counting the Manifest Token , but you wrote 36. Apparently the 10 Lands are not Alternate Art, but since I don't collect those, I can't tell ?

Ainok Tracker

Altar of the Brood

Arashin War Beast

Arc Lightning

Briber's Purse

Debilitating Injury

Dragonscale Boon

Fierce Invocation

Formless Nurturing

Ghostfire Blade

Grim Haruspex

Hewed Stone Retainers

Jeering Instigator

Jeskai Infiltrator

Mastery of the Unseen

Mystic of the Hidden Way

Reality Shift

Ruthless Ripper

Smite the Monstrous

Soul Summons

Sultai Emissary

Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Ugin's Construct

Watcher of the Roost

Wildcall

Write into Being

Regarding Prerelease cards are you sure of 36, cause I read 30 almost everywhere on Google and some MTG websites ?

Gary Adkison

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Alexis;
Your too quick for me. I deleted the post you quote here and did a different one (see above)
There are two different sets.
The Urgn's Fate booster promos of which there are 36. 26 regular playing cards and 10 lands. These all have Alternate Art. I only have the lands and 5 of the others. There was a WotC posting of the land but I can't find it now.
Plus the actual prerelease dated, foil, promos that were in the sealed boxes.
You are correct there are 30 of them as listed on MTG Salvation
(listed alphabetically here)
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
Arcbond
Archfiend of Depravity
Atarka, World Render
Brutal Hordechief
Daghatar the Adamant
Dragonscale General
Dromoka, the Eternal
Eye Avengers
Flamerush Rider
Flamewake Phoenix
Jeskai Infiltrator
Kolaghan, the Storm’s Fury
Mardu Strikeleader
Mastery of the Unseen
Ojutai, Soul of Winter
Rally the Ancestors
Sage
Sandsteppe Mastodon
Shaman of the Great Hunt
Shamanic Revelation
Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest
Silumgar, the Drifting Death
Soulfire Grand Master
Soulflayer
Supplant Form
Tasigur, the Golden Fang
Torrent Elemental
Warden of the First Tree
Wildcall
Yasova Dragonclaw

I don't blame you for being confused. Only players are not confused because they don't care...

Gary

dragsamou wrote: Hi Gary

Ainok Tracker

Altar of the Brood

Arashin War Beast

Arc Lightning

Briber's Purse

Debilitating Injury

Dragonscale Boon

Fierce Invocation

Formless Nurturing

Ghostfire Blade

Grim Haruspex

Hewed Stone Retainers

Jeering Instigator

Jeskai Infiltrator

Mastery of the Unseen

Mystic of the Hidden Way

Reality Shift

Ruthless Ripper

Smite the Monstrous

Soul Summons

Sultai Emissary

Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Ugin's Construct

Watcher of the Roost

Wildcall

Write into Being

Hi Gary

Don't think, I'll be quick to add those as I was waiting for Fate Reforged to find out, if it will be from now on 30 Prerelease cards Promos again, KOT are still not added, but I believe that it's time at least for Prerelease cards to be only added on the website in English with "Exist in 11 Languages" in the info. Regarding the Lands:

10 Alternate Art Basic Lands pics.

The Ugin's Fate Boosters contain 4 cards. One is a basic land from Fate Reforged. One is a Manifest Overlay Token. The other two are random cards from the set of 30 alternate-art Ugin's Fate cards, which can be from Khans of Tarkir or Fate Reforged
On average, it appears 5 out of every 40 Ugin's Fate boosters will contain a rare (though none of these are Fetchlands)
On average, it appears that 2 out of every 40 Ugin's Fate boosters will contain Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

And to confirm:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2014-12-24

Characteristics of Fate Reforged
A small set (185 cards), slightly larger than Born of the Gods (165 cards), Dark Ascension (158 cards) and Dragon’s Maze (156 cards)
Bottom up designed to be drafted with both large sets of the block, while the large sets are never drafted together.
Fate Reforged draft is one pack of Fate Reforged and then two packs of Khans of Tarkir.
In booster packs, the basic land slot may contain nonbasic lands.
Korean, Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional), and Russian boosters will also contain basic lands in this slot at a high frequency alongside nonbasic lands, as Fate Reforged basic lands will not otherwise be printed in those languages
There are reprints of the ten common Khans of Tarkir duL Lnsa. They will have new artwork and the Fate Reforged expansion symbol.
Boosters may also include Khans of Tarkir fetch lands, which will have the Khans of Tarkir expansion symbol.
Sarkhan Vol travels 1000 years back in time, to change the moment that sealed Tarkir's fate: the battle between Nicol Bolas and Ugin
The demise of Ugin and all dragons of Tarkir are undone.
The clans still exist back in the time; they are not fighting each other but are constantly fending off the legion hordes of dragons that are terrorizing their world.
Because the clans of Fate Reforged are less defined, the set does not contain three-color gold cards.
The color identity of the cards is instead marked by the use of hybrid ability activation costs
Fate Reforged will be followed up by Dragons of Tarkir

Therefore, in Fate Reforged booster packs, the basic land slot may contain nonbasic lands.[1] You may get one of the ten common Khans of Tarkir dual lands—Dismal Backwater, Jungle Hollow, and friends. They will have new artwork and the Fate Reforged expansion symbol.

Or, you may encounter one of the Khans of Tarkir fetch lands, which will be identical to the Khans of Tarkir version, including the expansion symbol.

This is similar to the manner in which Return to Ravnica dual lands were available in Dragon's Maze in the lands slot.

[1] Certain languages—Korean, Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional), and Russian—will also contain basic lands in this slot at a high frequency alongside nonbasic lands, as Fate Reforged basic lands will not otherwise be printed in those languages. Other languages will typically not contain basic lands. The frequency at which fetch lands will appear is the same across all languages.

The latter came in the form of a special "Ugin's Fate" booster pack containing two alternate art cards that show how the world has changed in the new timeline, a token and a basic land card. There's a pool of 40 alternate art cards with a holofoil stamp, the main change in the art being that there are dragons now.

Again, New extension release and a huge nightmare to understand what's going on with Promos and released languages ](*,)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Let me try and take it one bite at a time. If I miss or add something I hope someone will speak up and set me straight.

1) There are 30 "normal" prerelease promos-foil and dated. List is above. Lets digest that bite and say it is finished.

2) There are 26 helo AA cards that came out in the Urgn's Fate boosters plus 10 non-helo AA lands. These lands do not have Urgn's Fate printed on the botom but the art is different than the same numbered card in the expansion.
this gives us 36 AA cards that are directly related to the prerelease.

3) There are gain-lands and possible fetch-lands in the regular FR boosters (your picture above).
The gain-lands are not AA cards. They are simply part of this expansion--their art being diffent than the same card in a different expansion does not rate AA status.
The fetch-lands, I am told, have not seen one pulled yet, are the same as KOT fetch-lands.

The items in #3 should not be needed on the board. They are just rearrangements for the set.

Thus new promo cards equal 30+36=66*11=726.

Yes, Alexis. English only should be the choice for prerelease. BaB, GD, Launch should probably be handled as normal.

Just my thoughts.

Gary
Gary Adkison

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:47 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Let me try and take it one bite at a time. If I miss or add something I hope someone will speak up and set me straight.

1) There are 30 "normal" prerelease promos-foil and dated. List is above. Lets digest that bite and say it is finished.
AGREED
mystical_tutor wrote:2) There are 26 helo AA cards that came out in the Urgn's Fate boosters plus 10 non-helo AA lands. These lands do not have Urgn's Fate printed on the botom but the art is different than the same numbered card in the expansion.
this gives us 36 AA cards that are directly related to the prerelease.
AGREED
mystical_tutor wrote:3) There are gain-lands and possible fetch-lands in the regular FR boosters (your picture above).
The gain-lands are not AA cards. They are simply part of this expansion--their art being diffent than the same card in a different expansion does not rate AA status.
The fetch-lands, I am told, have not seen one pulled yet, are the same as KOT fetch-lands.
AGREED
mystical_tutor wrote:The items in #3 should not be needed on the board. They are just rearrangements for the set.
AGREED
mystical_tutor wrote:Thus new promo cards equal 30+36=66*11=726.
NOT AGREED
30 Prerelease Promos x11= 330
36 Ugin's Fate Promos X11= 396
Buy-a-Box Promo X11= 11
Clash Pack Promos 6 X Number of languages existing, not known at the moment = 6 + ?
Launch Party Promo X11= 11
League Tokens Promos 1 X Number of languages existing, not known at the moment = 1 + ?
Magic Game Day Promo X11= 22
Total= 777 New Promos + Clash Pack Promos Foreign ? + League Promos Tokens ?

mystical_tutor wrote:Yes, Alexis. English only should be the choice for prerelease. BaB, GD, Launch should probably be handled as normal.
AGREED

Gary, Is the Manifest token should be considered as a Ugin's Fate Promo ?
Last edited by dragsamou on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:07 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Thus new promo cards equal 30+36=66*11=726.
NOT AGREED
30 Prerelease Promos x11= 330
36 Ugin's Fate Promos X11= 396
Buy-a-Box Promo X11= 11
Clash Pack Promos 6 X Number of languages existing, not know at the moment = 6 + ?
Launch Party Promo X11= 11
League Tokens Promos 1 X Number of languages existing, not known at the moment = 1 + ?
Magic Game Day Promo X11= 24
Total= 777 New Promos + Clash Pack Promos Foreign ? + League Tokens Promos Foreign ?

mystical_tutor wrote:Yes, Alexis. English only should be the choice for prerelease. BaB, GD, Launch should probably be handled as normal.
AGREED

Gary, Is the Manifest token should be considared as a Ugin's Fate Promo ?[/quote]

Alexis, my number 726 is focusing on prerelease only (as a section). Because the board does not present promos from a historical perspective but divides them up by function I was leaving all the other stuff for it's respective "slot" on the board. I do prefer the historical view and will be arranging my web site that way. I think you are correct (subject to language printing information) on the overall total for the set.

Note: with 2 GD promos I think the total would be 22, not 24.

Manifest token. I have asked myself that already and will be making a separate entry with notation on my t/t sheet. I am thinking it should be included with the Ugin's Fate cards to distinguish that it was not part of the regular printing of t/t cards and that it was specifically for those boosters. There is a FNM/Manifest token in regular boosters but I'm sure it is a different printing.
Gary Adkison

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

mystical_tutor wrote: Alexis, my number 726 is focusing on prerelease only (as a section). Because the board does not present promos from a historical perspective but divides them up by function I was leaving all the other stuff for it's respective "slot" on the board. I do prefer the historical view and will be arranging my web site that way. I think you are correct (subject to language printing information) on the overall total for the set.

Note: with 2 GD promos I think the total would be 22, not 24.

Manifest token. I have asked myself that already and will be making a separate entry with notation on my t/t sheet. I am thinking it should be included with the Ugin's Fate cards to distinguish that it was not part of the regular printing of t/t cards and that it was specifically for those boosters. There is a FNM/Manifest token in regular boosters but I'm sure it is a different printing.
Hi Gary

Agreed for the 726 just for Prerelease. Correct and fixed in previous post 22 not 24. Manifest Token , is the one from Ugin's Fate different in any way from the regular one that"s in regular booster ? Or, the Manifest token can only be obtained in Ugin's Fate Booster and not regular ?

Fate reforged tokens:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2015-01-07
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:07 pm

The Manifet token will probably be the most common token of all in this set.
The ones I saw from the UF boosters all had FNM backs.
That combo happens in regular packs also.
Of the 9 backs I have found so far, all of them are on the back of Manifest tokens taken from the regular FR booster.

To your questions.
1) different in any way. They look the same to me but there may be some printing difference.
2) Manifest is available in regular boosters.

Gary
Gary Adkison

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:51 am

Hi Members

Another question, in which section and subsection Ugin's Fate 36 Alternate Art cards belongs to, or do I need to create another subsection ? #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:04 am

dragsamou wrote:Another question, in which section and subsection Ugin's Fate 36 Alternate Art cards belongs to, or do I need to create another subsection ? #-o
Shouldn't they belong to the normal 'Prelease' section? At least they were part of the prerelease event. :-D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

Knutsen wrote:
Shouldn't they belong to the normal 'Prelease' section? At least they were part of the prerelease event. :-D
Hi Ulf

If it was that easy, I will put them in that subsection. From the different info, I've gathered:
You're supposed to get a Ugin's fate booster by doing 3 achievements. Some stores gave the booster at the beginning of the Prerelease, others after first or third round, others sold the booster, etc...So, as a first point, it's supposed to be a Participation Bonus, second point is that they are Events Promos given during a Prerelease, they are not Tournament Promos. But in the Events Promos, they don't fit in any subsection ](*,) . Waiting for Gary and others, to put some input into that question.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:17 pm

I just had one friend in Korea tell me that the UF boosters given out were in English. I probably won't know for sure until Feb if there were any at all printed in Korean.

Gary
Gary Adkison

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:41 pm

It will be interesting info for Booster Collectors also! Looking forward for it!