Magic Ideas for sharing

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Magic Ideas for sharing

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:13 pm

One thing I have always wanted to start here, even if it isn't a big deal, is a historic archiving of Magic Ideas.

Through the years I have seen so many really cool ideas about playing the game, promoting the hobby and/or moments of inspiration about the game, the products or players, only to wonder at some later time what it was. When I was young it was a lot easier to retrieve that info... not now.

This thread is for you as collectors, players, dealers or other parts of the world of Magic to record neat things you have seen, thought of or done.
Such as:

Promotional ideas: Maybe WotC, maybe a local store maybe a seller, something that caught your attention.
Game formats: An innovative "halloween format"; a way to conduct an Archenemy tournament with play off. Something that was new or different.
Getting new players: Beginner tournaments, ideas on how to appeal to and attract people to play.
Collector inspiration: Something you did or saw that sparked collector interest in new people. Ways to display or share your unique collection.
etc, etc. All ideas are welcome and the point is to share and record those ideas that have a positive impact on the game and collecting.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:25 pm

This is something I saw at a local Game shop here in Colorado Springs: Enchanted Realms, It really caught my eye because it was personal and showed that the shop took a serious interest in it's tournaments (OK, with a little humor):

Of course it was mounted.

Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:09 am

I once convinced a girlfriend to play strip-Magic.

Everytime a creature went into the graveyard you took off an item of clothing.

I was playing a creatureless Millstone deck, her creatures went straight from her stack into her graveyard, it was a short but joyous game. Sadly never to be repeated...

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Stuff like this ?

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:24 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I once convinced a girlfriend to play strip-Magic.

I was playing a creatureless Millstone deck, her creatures went straight from her stack into her graveyard, it was a short but joyous game. Sadly never to be repeated...
Nice one! =D>

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:18 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I once convinced a girlfriend to play strip-Magic.

Is that the sort of thing you are looking for?
It's a good thing she didn't open with Swamp - Planar Void...

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:56 pm

LOL..... I love it.

mmgun. I love that picture and have a copy of it on my desktop...

Mark, I thought you told me you grew up witout girl magic players around, Now I see why, they were there, just wouldn't play with you.......

How about some cool format ideas? Christmas is coming up and I bet some of you have been in some exciting and interesting Christmas tournaments.

Share them.

Gary
Gary Adkison

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:27 pm

To me Magic at Christmas is all about my son and I opening up boosters from your stocking by playing pack wars, and then building decks as you would for a normal sealed deck event. Nothing fancy, but it's good for a day or two of Magic games with only six to nine packs per person.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:48 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:...

Mark, I thought you told me you grew up witout girl magic players around, Now I see why, they were there, just wouldn't play with you.......

Gary
First you have to find a girl, then you have to put up with going out with her and her friends and then in return you get to indoctrinate them in MtG. It is a long slow process and usually ends in being single again anyway.

This particular one liked to smoke and on occasion I would come home and find a magic card had been torn up to make roaches/filters.

I hope you will never know the joys of turning over a destroyed MtG card to discover that it was only a mountain and not one of the three Revised Royal Assassins I gave her.

When we split she took most of the contents of the house but I managed to get the MtG cards back, all in all, not a bad split really.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:25 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:When we split she took most of the contents of the house but I managed to get the MtG cards back, all in all, not a bad split really.
LMAO!