Japanese WB Boosters questions and, I hope, some info

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

me-and_we
Librarities Legend

Post by me-and_we » Wed May 30, 2007 7:45 pm

dry cereal wrote:as far as I'm concerned it still doesn't exist. All parlor tricks.
That's correct, so just send all the fake japo 4th wb cards to me, I like those fakes :-D

Mykeatog
Librarities Hero

Post by Mykeatog » Thu May 31, 2007 8:39 pm

I have a stirp mine, a serra angel, and a third card (don't remember right now). It is definately real.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:19 pm

It's 100% real because I opened a box of it..hehe.

It was a moment of weakness. Not sure what I plan to do with it at this moment.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:33 am

Gryfalia wrote:It's 100% real because I opened a box of it..hehe.

It was a moment of weakness. Not sure what I plan to do with it at this moment.
My box will remain sealed and will hopefully soon get a Starter deck box to keep company :) further I want a single booster and starter. For my playing decks I want all cards to be Jap WB 4th that are possible!
Good that the set and some spares allready done here :)
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm

l0qii wrote:On a related note, I got a Japanese WB Starter today complete with box and rulebook and the info we have listed on the sets page is wrong
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-fo ... ition.html

It has the same info for both BB and WB. The actual info is:

4th Edition - WB Japanese - Starter Deck
WOC22004
GTIN: 4 981932 006116
And the info is still wrong!

Back when I was a heavy Magic user a friend of a housemate - Dave Higgins, also an addict, in case he ever goes egosurfing, - the friend could even have been Karl, who later moved in with us and picked up the habit himself - was going to Japan for some reason and asked if I wanted anything brought back, we were pretty much addicted to Manga videos as well at the time but he didn't have much baggage and the video formats were tricky back in those days so I asked for some Magic cards.

Karl, or maybe it was a Japanese exchange student, brought over a sealed fourth edition Japanese starter, which Dave immediately wanted to tear open to look at the cards, but as I already had a ton of Fourth, and as I had overdone it a bit on Revised, I was a bit over the Core Sets, and figured that as I didn't speak Japanese it was a bit pointless.

So I put it aside with all my sealed boosters and forgot about it until it all came over on the boat last year.

I guess over the years I had been adding to the sealed starters, even though I don't collect them at all, and I now have 16 in various languages, (with many duplicates of course)

I figured it was about time to put them into a spreadsheet so I started to look them up but I couldn't find WOC22004 anywhere on the Magiclibrarities lists so decided to Google it, as you can see, I didn't go very far!

So I haven't managed to get any WB Japanese Boosters for my Booster collection but at least I do own some random sealed product!

Just thought I would post to point out the erroneous information and to send a big thank you to Dave who I lost contact with many years ago.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:21 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
l0qii wrote:On a related note, I got a Japanese WB Starter today complete with box and rulebook and the info we have listed on the sets page is wrong
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/sets-fo ... ition.html

It has the same info for both BB and WB. The actual info is:

4th Edition - WB Japanese - Starter Deck
WOC22004
GTIN: 4 981932 006116
And the info is still wrong!

Back when I was a heavy Magic user a friend of a housemate - Dave Higgins, also an addict, in case he ever goes egosurfing, - the friend could even have been Karl, who later moved in with us and picked up the habit himself - was going to Japan for some reason and asked if I wanted anything brought back, we were pretty much addicted to Manga videos as well at the time but he didn't have much baggage and the video formats were tricky back in those days so I asked for some Magic cards.

Karl, or maybe it was a Japanese exchange student, brought over a sealed fourth edition Japanese starter, which Dave immediately wanted to tear open to look at the cards, but as I already had a ton of Fourth, and as I had overdone it a bit on Revised, I was a bit over the Core Sets, and figured that as I didn't speak Japanese it was a bit pointless.

So I put it aside with all my sealed boosters and forgot about it until it all came over on the boat last year.

I guess over the years I had been adding to the sealed starters, even though I don't collect them at all, and I now have 16 in various languages, (with many duplicates of course)

I figured it was about time to put them into a spreadsheet so I started to look them up but I couldn't find WOC22004 anywhere on the Magiclibrarities lists so decided to Google it, as you can see, I didn't go very far!

So I haven't managed to get any WB Japanese Boosters for my Booster collection but at least I do own some random sealed product!

Just thought I would post to point out the erroneous information and to send a big thank you to Dave who I lost contact with many years ago.
Hi Mark

The info on Magic Card Sets will remain wrong, as I can't get access or modify, update or do anything on this specific page. My webmaster didn't create a program, and only him can do things there, same applies to Magazine Galleries, on next big update, I will ask him at least to modify the WOC for Japanese 4th Edition WB.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:22 am

Much appreciated!

One of the main reasons I joined the forum (Other than all the wonderful people of course) was because of the information on the various boosters.

I have plenty of barcodes to add to the lists!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Much appreciated!

One of the main reasons I joined the forum (Other than all the wonderful people of course) was because of the information on the various boosters.

I have plenty of barcodes to add to the lists!
In between Tim, has been added them on his website, and from time to time, we add them here:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... sc&start=0

Website of Tim (l0qii)
http://www.apathyhouse.com/codes/

I just realized it's not in the Private Sites links, to be added on next update.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.