Summer Underground Sea and Taiga

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
sdematt
Librarities Hero
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Canada

Summer Underground Sea and Taiga

Post by sdematt » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 pm

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

Hayden
Librarities Legend
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Hayden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:51 am

Copying my reply from MOTL...

The benchmark for Summer US was set late 2011 when one of only 2 BGS 9.5 sold for $17k privately. Today I would put that value at around $20k. That is for GEM MINT mind you but it is a reference point. If the Sea is actually only BGS 8.5 or so then I would bring that value down to the low teens.

If the Taiga was really MINT then yes around the $6k+ mark is where I would value it.

Cards like this.. why not get them graded. +0.5 on the BGS grade scale can make thousands of dollars difference when talking about Summer Duals.

Good Luck and please let us know where they end up for our records. Sharing info like this is the only way we can keep a gauge on FMV.

Thanks

User avatar
Magic61983
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: Willowdale, PA

Post by Magic61983 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

I've seen scans of both cards they aren't Mint. They are EX at best. Which means the Taiga is $4k-$5k on a good day and the Sea is $8k.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

Hayden
Librarities Legend
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Hayden » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:40 am

Magic61983 wrote:I've seen scans of both cards they aren't Mint. They are EX at best. Which means the Taiga is $4k-$5k on a good day and the Sea is $8k.
That would explain why they are not being graded then...

ouallada
Librarities Legend
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 am

Post by ouallada » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 am

The seller wantes to grade the taiga but i don't think he will after the feedback he has gotten. The taiga is still in better shape but will not get 9.5. Not even sure if I shoukd be taking the sea at the current price.

User avatar
sdematt
Librarities Hero
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:37 am
Location: Canada

Post by sdematt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Sea sold for 7.4

-Matt
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:48 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Seriously? I would have given more than that.

User avatar
Magic61983
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: Willowdale, PA

Post by Magic61983 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Seriously? I would have given more than that.
That's Euro's
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

ouallada
Librarities Legend
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 am

Post by ouallada » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 pm

In that condition, it really wasn't worth it to me -- I was the high bidder on the sea for a long while, and could have gone above 7k euro, but a combination of the seller's attitude and the condition put me off.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:48 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Magic61983 wrote:
Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Seriously? I would have given more than that.
That's Euro's
Ah, that makes sense then.

Hayden
Librarities Legend
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Hayden » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 am

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:
Magic61983 wrote:
Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Seriously? I would have given more than that.
That's Euro's
Ah, that makes sense then.
Yah $10k for an EX Summer US would be what I would expect currently as well.

Hayden
Librarities Legend
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Summer Underground Sea and Taiga

Post by Hayden » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:24 am

sdematt wrote:http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/For ... 29743.html

Someone asked me to post their question about a Summer Sea and Taiga evaluation here.
Anyone know what happened to the original MOTL posting? It has gone 404 error?

User avatar
Magic61983
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: Willowdale, PA

Post by Magic61983 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Hayden wrote:
Tha_Gunslinga wrote:
Magic61983 wrote:
Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Seriously? I would have given more than that.
That's Euro's
Ah, that makes sense then.
Yah $10k for an EX Summer US would be what I would expect currently as well.
It was EX at best. $8-$9 is what it should have went for someone just wanted it way more then they should have.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

Hayden
Librarities Legend
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Hayden » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Magic61983 wrote: someone just wanted it way more then they should have.
That is typically the case with many of the cards we (on this forum) deal with. The combo of wanting/needing a certain card combined with typically scare supply means there is no correct FMV until a deal is done. Then that becomes the current benchmark until someone else who missed that last opportunity drives the value up further.

.. We have all done this ourselves. I'm sure we all have felt that we overpaid for something just because we had to have it and the opportunity came up. then one day when we sell that same item (if ever) and see a good return from a new buyer who "needs" it just as bead as we did, we don't feel so bad about how much we originally paid. ...Circle of Life :-D

User avatar
Magic61983
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: Willowdale, PA

Post by Magic61983 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Hayden wrote:
Magic61983 wrote: someone just wanted it way more then they should have.
That is typically the case with many of the cards we (on this forum) deal with. The combo of wanting/needing a certain card combined with typically scare supply means there is no correct FMV until a deal is done. Then that becomes the current benchmark until someone else who missed that last opportunity drives the value up further.

.. We have all done this ourselves. I'm sure we all have felt that we overpaid for something just because we had to have it and the opportunity came up. then one day when we sell that same item (if ever) and see a good return from a new buyer who "needs" it just as bead as we did, we don't feel so bad about how much we originally paid. ...Circle of Life :-D
I completely agree with your statement. I have overpaid on certain cards and I've also sold certain cards for obscene profits. I still feel the buyer overpaid on this but then again I'm not one to judge what someone does with their money. I hope the new owner enjoys the card.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest