Guess what this is

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Guess what this is

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 pm

For anyone that hasn't pulled one of these, can you guess where this came from?

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 pm

aren't they from the mini packs at target?

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Is that an anti-theft filler? Are they in every mini-pack?

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:25 pm

I thought they had these in Wal-mart or dollar store packages

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Man, no getting over on this bunch.

Your all right on target (so to speak). Yes they are in the mass market 6-packs.

They are not in every one but probably need to be to be effective.
At one store EVERY ONE that was still in the bin has a strip in it. It is so easy to tell which packets have them that people that want to steal them can easily seperate them before they pocket the ones without strips.

Probably not much use really except for kids under 6.

Gary

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:

Gary
...and booster collectors!

Thanks for the scan, I felt a few of these in some of the packs I had and asked what they were on MTGS. Wasn't going to open one to find out though.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:28 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:

Gary
...and booster collectors!
What I was trying to say was that the security strips were probably not effective for catching anyone older. However, you may be right.
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Thanks for the scan, I felt a few of these in some of the packs I had and asked what they were on MTGS. Wasn't going to open one to find out though.
Did you get the boosters in a mass market store of some kind down under?

Gary

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:32 am

No such luck!

They don't seem to sell Magic the Gathering at all, I have checked K-Mart, Target, Toys'R'Us, Toyland. The only place I can get them is in Electronics Boutique or the Local Games Shop, which isn't that local.

I have been getting the 6-packs when they occassionally turn up on eBay, which is a pain, my usual US seller had to have a heart op so wan't around for ages (he is fine now) so I was getting them whenever I could. last time I had to buy 30 of the Innestrad just to add one to my collection.

The box get wet in the mail and only 17 turned up but it wasn't a big deal, though the seller never responded to emails it wasn't worth pursuing it.

I am missing a fair few and I understand that they are also for sale in Japanese as six packs, which is going to be interesting!

Mark

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I am missing a fair few and I understand that [mass market 6-packs] are also for sale in Japanese as six packs, which is going to be interesting!

Mark
I take it you don't have any of the Japanese 6-card packs....? I might be able to find a few. :) send me a pm with the max of what you would be willing to pay for each 6-card pack.

Clay

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks for that, I may have to take you up on the offer, all I can find so far are Zendikar, four 6-packs for 15 Euro. I don't really want four packs but he wasn't willing to split the lot and sell them individually for 3.50!

I have no idea what to offer, I don't want to lowball but I will have a think. I would imagine there would be a few people after these for their booster collections, might be worth doing a group buy!

Mark

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:25 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I have no idea what to offer, I don't want to lowball but I will have a think. I would imagine there would be a few people after these for their booster collections, might be worth doing a group buy!

Mark
Mark, makes sense. When I buy for other collectors, I don't "re-sell" to them - the price I give is what I paid for in person, in converted Yen-to-USD. so what I'd ask for you to send me would be the actual price, plus shipping. I just don't want to buy something that cost me $10, and then the collector I purchased on behalf of tell me the price is too high for their preference. I just want to avoid a bad situation whenever possible. that's why I asked what would the max be you'd pay for the boosters.

I can likely find a lot of the Japanese boosters you are missing, but some may surpise you with how much they are. i.e., Japanese Dissension was 899 Yen, or about $11-12 (I think - Squt, correct me on this if I am wrong on the Yen price). Although, since the Yen-USD exchange rate is getting better (from the USD currency viewpoint - it is about 82 Yen per 1 USD right now, but it was as low as 72 Yen per 1 USD last month), it is still a somewhat poor return for USD. FYI I prefer payments/reimbursements via PayPal in USD.

Clay

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:17 am

I have Australian Dollars! I am relatively rich compared to most country's exchange rates.

I have a contact in Japan who is going to have a look around for me but to be honest, I would rather end up with doubles than with gaping holes in my collection, and two eyes are better than one!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:14 am

Mark;

I can pick up US 6-packs for you, there are a couple other booster collectors I pick them up for. They end up being $2.07 a booster plus shipping (which to where you are I have no idea).

Just let me know. Here in Colorado Springs I have to grab them when they very first come out as the stores do not reorder when they sell thier initial order.

Gary