Summer Blue Hurricane & Summer Serendib Efreet

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Summer Blue Hurricane & Summer Serendib Efreet

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 pm

What's the going prices on these nowadays? Does anyone know if any are for sale by anyone?

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:08 am

Another member was apparently purchasing a Hurricane recently for $4600, I am not sure if the deal went through or at that price. He may reveal himself, I'll leave that up to him :-)

As for an Efreet, I haven't seen or heard of one changing hands in a while.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:22 am

They were in the $3500-$4000 range around mid 2009 (that is when I obtained mine). Based on the fact that the key summer collectibles have doubled (some tripled) since then as per recent auctions/demand I would put a NM or better Hurricane at in the $7-$10 range.

If someone is still able to get one for less than $5k and it is in good shape I would say that is a great deal.

I have been watching diligently for a Summer Efreet to show up for at least 6 years now and have not seen hide nor hare.

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:03 am

An Efreet went last year on ebay for 7060$

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:18 am

i_set_fire wrote:An Efreet went last year on ebay for 7060$
Holy frak! All those years watching and I missed it #-o

I'm obviously not spending enough time at my computer :^o

Thanks for the update

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 am

Thank you all for the feedback. Seems like the only way I will be getting them that won't end in a divorce with my wife getting the '87 Porsche will be to find it in a yard sale. :-(

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:46 am

chaosdjinn wrote:Thank you all for the feedback. Seems like the only way I will be getting them that won't end in a divorce with my wife getting the '87 Porsche will be to find it in a yard sale. :-(
:-D It's funny cause it's true :wink:

There are options
Used Porsche = Summer Hurricane & Serendib :-k
Then again it is hard to drive a couple of cards to work every day

Decisions Decisions :-\

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 pm

There were a couple Serendibs changing hands a few years back in the 7-8k range I believe.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Hayden wrote:
chaosdjinn wrote:Thank you all for the feedback. Seems like the only way I will be getting them that won't end in a divorce with my wife getting the '87 Porsche will be to find it in a yard sale. :-(
:-D It's funny cause it's true :wink:

There are options
Used Porsche = Summer Hurricane & Serendib :-k
Then again it is hard to drive a couple of cards to work every day

Decisions Decisions :-\
hmmmm....since the car is a weekend joy ride and not needed on a daily basis...the two cards will take up SIGNIFCANTLY less space than the car does, they don't need to be maintained and they don't consume high octane gasoline...hmmmmm....decisions indeed...

Actually, the blue '87 Porsche 928 S4 (75k miles)was acquired during my mid-life crisis 2 years ago; originally it was going to be a boat, but I don't have time for boating more than 4 or 6 weekends during the summer. My wife commented that she'd rather see me driving a (then) 23 year old car than 'driving' a 23 year old mistress... =P~

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am

chaosdjinn wrote: hmmmm....since the car is a weekend joy ride and not needed on a daily basis...the two cards will take up SIGNIFCANTLY less space than the car does, they don't need to be maintained and they don't consume high octane gasoline...hmmmmm....decisions indeed...
Sounds like excellent logic \:D/
chaosdjinn wrote: My wife commented that she'd rather see me driving a (then) 23 year old car than 'driving' a 23 year old mistress... =P~

:-D

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Post by gzeiger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm

A Hurricane has surfaced. If anyone is looking I can put you in contact with the seller. It's being offered on consignment for an estate sale of an old Wizards employee. Not sure of the price, but unfortunately it's by the same sports card store that sold all the stolen Crystalline Slivers a few years ago.