Korean Misprint???

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Korean Misprint???

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 am

This may be one of the longest un-noticed misprints in Magic, or I may have missed a reference to it (I'll choose to think the second until corrected).

Kjeldoran Dead in 5th ed Korean. The Name really is Kjeldoran Lion.

While trying to provide Clay some Korean card names for his Melissa Benson and paladin global collections (which are truely awesome--I am so happy he brought them to Colorado Springs so I could see them) my wife got a laugh out of this card. When I typed the name in English she looked and said--no that is wrong it is Lion, not Dead. Then she showed me the word to death on the Touch of Death card. Just to make sure we looked it up in the dictionary too.

Has this already been reported?

Gary

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:45 am

Neat!
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am

I'll post a scan of the 2 cards in question when I have a chance to. I remember you (Gary) having me double-check the cards so it's likely we didn't write down the wrong characters.

Wow, that's funny the card was misprinted. I imagine there were some very confused Koreans back in '97

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I'll post a scan of the 2 cards in question when I have a chance to. I remember you (Gary) having me double-check the cards so it's likely we didn't write down the wrong characters.

Wow, that's funny the card was misprinted. I imagine there were some very confused Koreans back in '97
Also, there were no cards with "Lion" in the title and neither one of us would have known that word to accidently write it down.

For what it is worth, only 2 Lions have been printed in Korean, Jamuraan and Savannah, Neither of those in 5th ed.

And, remember this is the edition where the 5 COPs are named for each color but they all protect only from Black.

Of which, I still need the COP red.

Gary