Global Collection Index

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Sorry about still asking silly questions, but the difference between simplified and traditional chinese still confuses me.

Is the punctuation part ( centered or bottom) really different in those two languages ? Or is it mixed somehow on earlier and later prints ?

Comparing to the picture and the explanation above, new T-Chinese cards have the punctuation centered and old S-chinese cards have the punctuation centered, too ???? ( e.g. the alternate Portal I Chinese cards are all said to be simplified and the whole set has the punctuation centered. )
Please help me out with that problem, i'm going slightly mad about this.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm

mmgun wrote:Sorry about still asking silly questions, but the difference between simplified and traditional chinese still confuses me.

Is the punctuation part ( centered or bottom) really different in those two languages ? Or is it mixed somehow on earlier and later prints ?
I believe the punctuation for S-Chinese and T-Chinese was the same for all sets up to Scourge, afterwhich it changed starting with Mirrodin. The languages should be easily distinguishable however up to Mirrodin, as the characters are quite different (and of course, starting with Darksteel until recently, there was no T-Chinese).

Image Image

Image Image

Simplified on the left, Traditional on the right.
Last edited by berkumps on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:29 pm

berkumps wrote: I believe the punctuation for S-Chinese and T-Chinese was the same for all sets up to Scourge,
I just checked a chinese Onslaught card ,where i have both chinese versions, and it also shows the difference in bottom and centered punctuation.
( T-chin is centered, s-chin is bottom )
So the mentioned change must have happened earlier.

EDIT: According to your pics, even Judgment has the difference in punctuation. It might be interesting to find out when the dots and colons started moving.
Last edited by mmgun on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 pm

mmgun wrote:
berkumps wrote: I believe the punctuation for S-Chinese and T-Chinese was the same for all sets up to Scourge,
I just checked a chinese Onslaught card ,where i have both chinese versions, and it also shows the difference in bottom and centered punctuation.

EDIT: According to your pics, even Judgment has the difference in punctuation.
You are correct, after some more digging, it appears to have started with Torment. The character difference remains up to Mirrodin.

Image Image

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Thank you for stopping my starting madness \:D/ \:D/
That infomation helps a lot.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm looking for help with a Spanish and Japanese seller for my global set of Goblin Masons. Anybody willing to help, please PM or email me to work something out.

Thank you!

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed May 25, 2011 5:07 am

updated, added links to find the names of cards in different languages.

also added Grinning Demon.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 pm

To the Spanish members of the ML community - ayudame por favor! I am only missing a Spanish foil and nonfoil Goblin Masons to complete my global set.

Kalle
Librarities Legend

Post by Kalle » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:49 pm

A non-foil Spanish one is up on MKM: http://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Goblin_Ma ... 10786.prod
Kalle, Il
Italian collector, player and judge

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:20 pm

I imagine I'm a little late in the T. vs S. Chinese quandary, but just in case you don't have 2 cards to compare...

5th: T. has a copyright date of 1997, and S. is 1993-1998 (and it also has an expansion symbol).

Urza's Saga: T. is 1993-1998, S. is 1993-1999

6th: T. is 1993-1999, S. is 1993-2000.

Planeshift and 7th Edition both have the same date, so I guess S. caught up to T. as of these sets.

I am curious what other sets have S. Chinese with a different (i.e. later) copyright date than T. Chinese.

Clay

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:59 am

Added the Global Weakness project to the index, sorry I missed it previously.

Global collecting is about to become even more fun now that Korean will be an active language again:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... highlight=
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... cana%2F782

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 am

All, I just opened about 30 Spanish 7th Edition boosters, a box of Spanish Homelands, 2 booster boxes of Russian 9th Edition, and some Italian Revised (BB & WB) boosters.

I also have 6 Portuguese 4th Edition (BB) starters headed towards me (to help complete my global collections) that I expect to receive within the next week.

To my fellow global collectors, if you are looking for non-foil singles from those sets, send me a PM. I'll respond to PMs in the order received.

I'll post a list of the foreign foils I have in the next day or so.

Clay

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:All, I just opened about 30 Spanish 7th Edition boosters, a box of Spanish Homelands, 2 booster boxes of Russian 9th Edition, and some Italian Revised (BB & WB) boosters.

I also have 6 Portuguese 4th Edition (BB) starters headed towards me (to help complete my global collections) that I expect to receive within the next week.

To my fellow global collectors, if you are looking for non-foil singles from those sets, send me a PM. I'll respond to PMs in the order received.

I'll post a list of the foreign foils I have in the next day or so.

Clay
PM sent :)
Mahamoti djinn & Terror global sets => I need your help !
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7846&p=69149#p69149
Other Global sets wantlist : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9454&p=84467#p84467

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 am

I found a website that has the names of MTG cards in T. Chinese... http://wowbox.tw/mtg/

....and S. Chinese http://mtg.zhaodi.me/

Also updated the index.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:44 am

berkumps wrote:
mmgun wrote:

EDIT: According to your pics, even Judgment has the difference in punctuation.
You are correct, after some more digging, it appears to have started with Torment. The character difference remains up to Mirrodin.

Image Image
Hey Mark,

My Steel Leaf Paladins have the punctuation difference (Simplified at the bottom, Traditional centered with the text).
However, my 7th Edition Paladins do not have the punctuation difference, other than the Simplified circle being much smaller than the Traditional circle.