Exodus foil testprint question.

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Exodus foil testprint question.

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:38 am

Okay, so I've been looking through the rarities to inform myself, and see if there are any cards that I own that I could scan for the library. I'm in need of some clarification.

I own a foil Oath of Lieges. But here's the thing- it has no foil star, as well as no number (such as 1 or -1) on the card. So if it has no number, what are we dealing with? How do I know which version it is? And I guess we need a scan for the site, do we not?

Thanks for your help, I would be interested in knowing the differences in the foil test cards!

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 am

We need a scan! Thanks for your offer. Please scan it 600dpi, save it as an png. Please clean carefully the canner surface. Please disable all(!) automatic adjustments like color correction, sharpen, smoother and others. Please don't use an All-In-One. These scanners provide an unusable quality. And please scan the card together with a common card of the same color.
If you have finished all this, provide a download.
Thank you in advance.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:47 am

Okay, here's an *old* scan I made a while back, just to clarify what I have. I'll dust off the scanner & make a nicer one soon.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7 ... 8336nu0mrj

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:00 am

anything written on the back ?

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 am

It has a typical MtG back. No notes, numbers, anything abnormal.

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:06 pm

sounds pretty rare to me as most cards i have seen thus far had something written on the backside ... i think it is the first version of those test foils. the later ones had the numeration and the respective coloring.

at best you directly contact the gunslinga. if i remember correctly he had a playset of those oaths.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Ask the Swiss, he knows everything about them :wink:

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 am

That's the typical silver bordered foil exodus test print. The ones with stars are either nonfoil (first wave of exodus test prints) or black bordered. The latter have the numbering as well, silver bordered ones don't. There are several variants of this, differing in how dark the printing is.