Beta Artist Proofs

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm

I bought a set of beta proofs (sans lotus) from Rush's wife about 3 years back. They were unsigned unfortunately, but that is understandable given the circumstances.

She was very friendly and responsive during the transaction.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm

ende73 wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:That was truely a heartrending and chaotic time for Chris. Remembering my own divorce--which was quite civil--and what "went missing", I can understand. I know Chris well enough to believe that if he could have fixed it he would have.
This doesn't make sense. I really can't agree that Eric in France has to pay for Rush's divorce, nor that he doesn't have $150 to make good for it now. If the story is confirmed, Rush is guilty of mail fraud, it's as simple as that. I really don't understand why people on these boards are so indulgent with rippers sometimes.
"Fraud" and "Ripper" define malicious acts that attempt to injure someone. I can not picture Chris like that. Maybe you know him better than I do, but I doubt it.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 18, 2011 3:46 pm

mwagee wrote:I bought a set of beta proofs (sans lotus) from Rush's wife about 3 years back. They were unsigned unfortunately, but that is understandable given the circumstances.

She was very friendly and responsive during the transaction.
Same here. Our conversations were quite pleasent. She parted with a number of real nice things--which I could not afford at the time--sigh. It seems that she ended up with most of the stuff but I do not know the details.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed May 18, 2011 3:52 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
ende73 wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:That was truely a heartrending and chaotic time for Chris. Remembering my own divorce--which was quite civil--and what "went missing", I can understand. I know Chris well enough to believe that if he could have fixed it he would have.
This doesn't make sense. I really can't agree that Eric in France has to pay for Rush's divorce, nor that he doesn't have $150 to make good for it now. If the story is confirmed, Rush is guilty of mail fraud, it's as simple as that. I really don't understand why people on these boards are so indulgent with rippers sometimes.
"Fraud" and "Ripper" define malicious acts that attempt to injure someone. I can not picture Chris like that. Maybe you know him better than I do, but I doubt it.
My point is: Eric is $150 poorer now, and C.Rush is $150 richer.
Like you, I am inclined to believe this is not so much the outcome of "malicious acts", but rather the result of a prolonged period of forced distraction.
But the bottom line is, this is totally irrelevant.
If the episode is confirmed (I already stated if in my previous post), then maybe you could probably better help your friend Mr. Rush settle this matter by directing him to this Forum, not by justifying him for keeping somebody else's money because he had something better to do at the time.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 18, 2011 4:19 pm

ende73 wrote:My point is: Eric is $150 poorer now, and C.Rush is $150 richer.

If the episode is confirmed (I already stated if in my previous post), then maybe you could probably better help your friend Mr. Rush settle this matter by directing him to this Forum, not by justifying him for keeping somebody else's money because he had something better to do at the time.
No "confirmation" is needed for me. If Eric says it happened I believe it.

Sorry I pulled your chain by trying to point out that significant emotional events can really mess with life and cause people to act in uncharacteristic ways. I do not feel your malicious character defining terms of "ripper" and "fraud" are justified.

No use to direct anyone. Eric is a big boy and can persue this if he wants to with no involvement from others.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Guys,

Yes, don't worry, I'm a big boy. And it's now a long time since I've registered these $150 in the "random losses" category of my own P&L :)

I'm working in the strategy consulting industry, about 60 hours a week (and probable more at this date) and at one point, spending my rare available time to recover $150 is counterproductive.

In 10+ years of trading all over the planet, I have lost some money. A couple of parcels I sent never arrived, one day I received an order from Troll and toad (3x summer magic Howl from Beyond), the envelope was open and empty, etc. etc. In any business you've got 2-3% of unexpected losses. The deal with C. Rush falls into this category.

I truly think that there was no specific intention from Mr Rush or his wife to rip me off. I shouldn't have used the word in the first place. I was just unlucky.

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 am

Erl00 wrote: A couple of parcels I sent never arrived, one day I received an order from Troll and toad (3x summer magic Howl from Beyond), the envelope was open and empty, etc. etc.
This post reminded me of the first time we spoke about summer cards, we were bidding on the same howl from beyond on ebay and you contacted me about it...good times.
I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 am

Giediprime41 wrote:
Erl00 wrote: A couple of parcels I sent never arrived, one day I received an order from Troll and toad (3x summer magic Howl from Beyond), the envelope was open and empty, etc. etc.
This post reminded me of the first time we spoke about summer cards, we were bidding on the same howl from beyond on ebay and you contacted me about it...good times.
Yeah, I have had a strange fetish period regarding Howl from Beyond ^^

I owned up to 7 Summer Howl from Beyond. I could have reached the 10 mark with that order from Troll & Toad :)