Sealed Foil Sets

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:48 pm

I'm looking for the following sealed English sets:

foil:
- 10th Edition
- Worldwake
- Rise of the Eldrazi
- Magic 2011
- Scars of Mirrodin
- Mirrodin Besieged

nonfoil:
- Worldwake
- Rise of the Eldrazi
- Scars of Mirrodin
- Mirrodin Besieged

May be, someone has spare sets...

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi,
I can provide most of them, i will see what can i do.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Hans; I noticed in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Full-Magic-2011-Cor ... 23102bab74

That the person mentions that he has other sets available. If you haven't already you might want to contact him. He also says he sends to US only. If he has what you want let me know in the next couple days and I'll pick it up for you. Early next week I leave the US so will need to know quickly if I can be of service.

This auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-complete-factor ... 4cf2daf8c3

Has a rather expensive foil M11 for sale.

This one: http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-complete-factor ... 4cf5636043

foil SOM and a little closer to you (UK).

I wait until sets rotate out of standard play format. Prices do come down.

Gary

Mister Foilcard wrote:I'm looking for the following sealed English sets:

foil:
- 10th Edition
- Worldwake
- Rise of the Eldrazi
- Magic 2011
- Scars of Mirrodin
- Mirrodin Besieged

nonfoil:
- Worldwake
- Rise of the Eldrazi
- Scars of Mirrodin
- Mirrodin Besieged

May be, someone has spare sets...

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:17 pm

yvel wrote:Hi,
I can provide most of them, i will see what can i do.
Well Gary is right, about the shipping destination, same for me, I will send sealed set in the US only.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Hans; I noticed in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Full-Magic-2011-Cor ... 23102bab74

That the person mentions that he has other sets available. If you haven't already you might want to contact him. He also says he sends to US only. If he has what you want let me know in the next couple days and I'll pick it up for you. Early next week I leave the US so will need to know quickly if I can be of service.
Hey, that is me. I changed it and will gladly ship worldwide. I am not sure why the body of that said US only, but there was a shipping option for worldwide.

If someone is going to bid on it, msg me first as I can end it early and sell it to you outside of ebay for $5 less as it would save me on ebay fees. If the member has good standing here I would even send first. Let me know guys!

Jason

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Blood wrote:Hey, that is me. I changed it and will gladly ship worldwide. I am not sure why the body of that said US only, but there was a shipping option for worldwide.
If someone is going to bid on it, msg me first as I can end it early and sell it to you outside of ebay for $5 less as it would save me on ebay fees. If the member has good standing here I would even send first. Let me know guys!
Jason
You mentioned having other sets. Do you have any that Hans listed above? I was only quoting your auction to point him to that possibility.

Hope you guys can work something out.

Gary

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:33 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:I was only quoting your auction to point him to that possibility.
Oh, I am not mad that they were mine, happy actually. Sorry if I cam off as mad that you were using my auctions. Free advertising. I made a deal with him and am selling him some sets! Thanks! Jason

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Blood wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:I was only quoting your auction to point him to that possibility.
Oh, I am not mad that they were mine, happy actually. Sorry if I cam off as mad that you were using my auctions. Free advertising. I made a deal with him and am selling him some sets! Thanks! Jason
NO NO! You didn't come across like that. I was just trying to facilitate something and it looks like I did... I'm very happy.

Gary

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 am

Hey guys, thank you very much for your support. Jason (thank you very much again) will send me two normal (nonfoil) sets:
- Scars of Mirrodin
- Mirrodin Besieged
So my list becomes smaller.

What about with your sets, yvel? Did I have a chance of a good deal? Every single set will help.

BTW, Gary, the British offer seems a little unfavorable to me, the price is far from being nice. But thanks for your help.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:29 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:BTW, Gary, the British offer seems a little unfavorable to me, the price is far from being nice. But thanks for your help.
I didn't check the exchange rate but it looked high to me.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 am

Well, I own set on MTGO ready to ship .... but shipping rate is very expensif for non-US adrress.
It's 25$ (+2.5$ per set), but you will have to pay (I did it twice, no more for me) custom fees and VAT rate (invoiced by UPS after delivery).

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Intereted in sealed sets

Post by Knutsen » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 am

Hi guys,

just to get it right (I never dealed with MTGO) - the only way to get sealed sets is through the "MTGO Redemption Program", right?

If I was interested in a 'Magic 2010' and 'Magic 2011' factory sealed set (both non-foil) - any idea how (dealer or member) could help me with this? O:)

And another question ... Do they always come in neutral white packaging (any photos around)?

Also I'm living in Germany, a shipping adress in the U.S. would be no problem.

Thanks and greetings
:dance:

OGB
Librarities Hero

Re: Intereted in sealed sets

Post by OGB » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Knutsen wrote:Hi guys,

just to get it right (I never dealed with MTGO) - the only way to get sealed sets is through the "MTGO Redemption Program", right?

If I was interested in a 'Magic 2010' and 'Magic 2011' factory sealed set (both non-foil) - any idea how (dealer or member) could help me with this? O:)

And another question ... Do they always come in neutral white packaging (any photos around)?

Thanks and greetings
:dance:
If you find a member with an MTGO, you could pay him to acquire the cards online, redeem them for you, and then have them shipped to you. There are fees associated with this process, though.

Also note that the guaranteed redemption date for M10 has passed (this was October 2010) but there is still time, as the cutoff is November 2011.

mystical_tutor

Re: Intereted in sealed sets

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:29 pm

Knutsen wrote:If I was interested in a 'Magic 2010' and 'Magic 2011' factory sealed set (both non-foil) - any idea how (dealer or member) could help me with this? O:)
Yvel may have those and if you have a US address you should be able to work out a deal.
I only know of white boxes as WotC does not produce "sets" for general public release.
Advice: If you buy from ebay, contact the seller before bidding and explain the US address part. They may work with you. DON'T do like a buyer of mine that, after I said I would send to a US address, wanted me to package it for overseas shipment (to his specifications--which were substandard). I refused and it ended up a bit messy.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:29 pm

About M2010 and M2011 set,
Price are for factory sealed set (without shipping) will be around
Regular :
M2010 - 160€
M2011 - 170€
Foil :
M2010 - 300€
M2011 - 320€