Difference between Collector's Edition and International CE?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Difference between Collector's Edition and International CE?

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I've looked on the site, couldn't find anything about differentiating them in previous posts (I looked back to late 2007).

there is not a description in the Magic Card Sets.

the sets are not on the rarities side (maybe they can be added/moved to the rarities side under "Box Set Cards"?)

wouldn't mind some help before I start my global collection so that I know what I need to look for.

Clay

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:19 pm

The difference is one says "Collectors' Edition" on the back of the card and the other says "International Edition" :)

ImageImage
Last edited by l0qii on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm

l0qii wrote:The difference is one says "Collector's Edition" on the back of the card and the other says "International Edition" :)
The other difference is that there were fewer International Edition printed.

Gary

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 pm

10,000 Collector's Edition

5,000 International Edition (according to Crystal Keep) <-- I think this is accurate
3,000 International Edition (according to MTG Salvation Wiki)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 pm

berkumps wrote:10,000 Collector's Edition

5,000 International Edition (according to Crystal Keep) <-- I think this is accurate
3,000 International Edition (according to MTG Salvation Wiki)
That is why I didn't post any numbers above as this has always been kinda foggy in my mind.

Have you heard this story before?

"Ten thousand of the domestic edition were printed and ten thousand of the international edition were printed. Due to demand, five thousand of the international edition were used for the domestic edition." From:

http://www.wizardscupboard.com/collecto ... 26429.html

I haven't. I'm sure they just ran the other 5000 through the press and reprinted the backs........ Which would result in 15000 and 5000. hummm
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Difference between Collector's Edition and International

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I've looked on the site, couldn't find anything about differentiating them in previous posts (I looked back to late 2007).

there is not a description in the Magic Card Sets.

the sets are not on the rarities side (maybe they can be added/moved to the rarities side under "Box Set Cards"?)

wouldn't mind some help before I start my global collection so that I know what I need to look for.

Clay
Hi Clay
If someone is willing to scan in High quality the 363 cards, in the future, I can add those in the Box Sets subsection :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 am

Ok Alexis, I see your point (see? I told ya'll I need as much help as possible).

actually, regarding my original post, I can't see a need for anything more than the backs of each of the sets to differentiate them.

# of sets printed and other background information would be a nice added bonus, but isn't crucial.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Ok Alexis, I see your point (see? I told ya'll I need as much help as possible).

actually, regarding my original post, I can't see a need for anything more than the backs of each of the sets to differentiate them.

# of sets printed and other background information would be a nice added bonus, but isn't crucial.
Hi Clay
I know this has been covered somewhere on the forum, but if I do remember the small booklet in C.E and I.C.E are different. Will try to find back the topic.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.