GenCon planechase giveaway card

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

GenCon planechase giveaway card

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:25 am

this was given out in the Admission freebie bag at GenCon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iwx8ccqt0r9mjh5

Wish I had two of them for my Planechase deck.

Gary

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 am

Now we know what 45 DCI is.

So #41-45 are all plane promos, but 46 and up already exist. So I guess if they want to release more plane promos, they will be higher numbers. Sounds nice and confusing.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:53 am

List of U.S. promos with DCI numbering:

DCI-01 Wood Elves [GATEWAY]
DCI-02 Icatian Javelineers [GATEWAY]
DCI-03 Fiery Temper [GATEWAY]
DCI-04 Boomerang [GATEWAY]
DCI-05 Calciderm [GATEWAY]
DCI-06 Reckless Wurm [GATEWAY]
DCI-07 Yixlid Jailer [GATEWAY]
DCI-08 Zoetic Cavern [GATEWAY]
DCI-09 Llanowar Elves [GATEWAY]
DCI-10 Mogg Fanatic [GATEWAY]
DCI-11 Mind Stone [GATEWAY]
DCI-12 Dauntless Dourbark [GATEWAY]
DCI-13 Lava Axe [GATEWAY]
DCI-14 Cenn's Tactician [GATEWAY]
DCI-15 Oona's Blackguard [GATEWAY]
DCI-16 Gravedigger [GATEWAY]
DCI-17 Boggart Ram-Gang [GATEWAY]
DCI-18 Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers [GATEWAY]
DCI-19 Duergar Hedge-Mage [WPN]
DCI-20 Selkie Hedge-Mage [WPN]
DCI-21 Sprouting Thrinax [WPN]
DCI-22 Woolly Thoctar [WPN]
DCI-24 Path to Exile [WPN]
DCI-25 Hellspark Elemental [WPN]
DCI-26 Marisi's Twinclaws [WPN]
DCI-27 Slave of Bolas [WPN]
DCI-28 Mycoid Shepherd [Magic 2010 Gameday Top 8]
DCI-29 Naya Sojourners [Magic 2010 Gameday Participant]
DCI-30 Mind Control [WPN]
DCI-31 Rise from the Grave [WPN]
DCI-32 Kor Duelist [WPN]
DCI-33 Vampire Nighthawk [WPN]
DCI-34 Nissa's Chosen [Zendikar Gameday Participant]
DCI-35 Emeria Angel [Zendikar Gameday Top 8]
DCI-36 Kor Firewalker [WPN]
DCI-37 Leatherback Baloth [WPN]
DCI-38 Hada Freeblade [Worldwake Gameday Participant]
DCI-39 Kalastria Highborn [Worldwake Gameday Top 8]
DCI-40 Syphon Mind [WPN]
DCI-41 Tazeem
DCI-42 Celestine Reef
DCI-43 Horizon Boughs
DCI-44 Mirrored Depths
DCI-45 Tember City
DCI-46 Pathrazer of Ulamog [WPN]
DCI-47 Curse of Wizardry [WPN]
DCI-48 Staggershock [Rise of the Eldrazi Gameday Participant]
DCI-49 Deathless Angel [Rise of the Eldrazi Gameday Top 8]
DCI-50 Fling [WPN]
DCI-51 Sylvan Ranger [WPN]
DCI-52 Liliana's Specter [Magic 2011 Gameday Participant]
DCI-53 Mitotic Slime [Magic 2011 Gameday Top 8]
DCI-54 Plots That Span Centuries [Archenemy Release]
DCI-55 Perhaps You've Met My Cohort
DCI-56* Your Inescapable Doom

unsure what is going on with 56. haven't seen it in the wild (eBay) yet. I had gotten 45 a month or so ago (off eBay).

there's a possibility WOTC could use DCI-23 for the next Planechase promo before they continue with higher numbers, although I feel that possibility is highly unlikely.

I wonder how they decide how it is decided what promos get what numbers, because the numbering system for these promos is a big stinky mess if you ask me.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:46 am

Humm, do I hear an assumption that someone at WotC feels a need to have those numbers in any kind of order? I'm surprised they even started using a seperate number system for promos. Think of how much more flexability they had before.

"Oh, hay, did anyone think of doing a promo for the ..... event? No? Well lets use a "........". I know we have some and that prety well fits the theme.

These little pieces of paper were made to market things not made for collectors to feel tidy.

Gary :wink:

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:54 am

Pity. I do like plans. Based on logic. And having things organized. My plans. My logic. Organized my way.

Although I will admit if it was too easy ANYONE could collect 'em all. And then I wouldn't have as much fun doing so.

BTW, IF there becomes an opening for a position of such responsibility at WOTC, I am willing to entertain offers.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Humm, do I hear an assumption that someone at WotC feels a need to have those numbers in any kind of order? I'm surprised they even started using a seperate number system for promos. Think of how much more flexability they had before.

"Oh, hay, did anyone think of doing a promo for the ..... event? No? Well lets use a "........". I know we have some and that prety well fits the theme.

These little pieces of paper were made to market things not made for collectors to feel tidy.

Gary :wink:
Hi Gary
I just agree with that, the numbering system used by WOTC lately, is a total mess. They even managed to have the Syphon Mind which is a WPN Promo with a different symbol, shooting star instead of the traditional DCI. I really wish, they get back on tracks, and bring back some logic.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:44 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Gary
I just agree with that, the numbering system used by WOTC lately, is a total mess. They even managed to have the Syphon Mind which is a WPN Promo with a different symbol, shooting star instead of the traditional DCI. I really wish, they get back on tracks, and bring back some logic.
My friend, PLEASE do not hold your breath until that happens... we would miss you terrably.

Seriously, their side is much more difficult than we see. Priorities are changed at a moments notice and well laid plans often must be changed while ill laid plans are implemented.....

Remember, in general, these are Americans, still in the throws of revolution, not a stabalized European/Asian country where trains ALWAYS arrive on time and governments/corporations carefully implement plans laid out 5 years ago.......

Gary

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 pm

mystical_tutor wrote: Remember, in general, these are Americans, still in the throws of revolution, not a stabalized European/Asian country where trains ALWAYS arrive on time and governments/corporations carefully implement plans laid out 5 years ago.......
Gary
Hi Gary
Love your vision of Stabilized European country, looks like "The American Dream", on my part, I still feel that the Revolution that took place in 1789, in France, never stopped... :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:28 am

we gave away some of these for the M11 prerelease and release

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:56 pm

stu55 wrote:we gave away some of these for the M11 prerelease and release
Right, now the card appears on two different lists here in the Library. One is an Convention promo and the other is a Pre-Release Promo.

Now I just must be careful to keep the two seperate in my collection so I will be able to tell them apart........

Please!!! Read this with a touch of humor...............

Gary

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
Right, now the card appears on two different lists here in the Library. One is an Convention promo and the other is a Pre-Release Promo.

Now I just must be careful to keep the two seperate in my collection so I will be able to tell them apart........

Gary
I wouldn't necessarily consider it a convention promo...they were originally given away with the "Summer of Multiplayer" gateway kit, along with Syphon Mind and an Archenemy card. I would say, if anything, WOTC just threw in the bag whatever they had extras of.

When I think of a convention promo I would think of something that could only be obtained at a convention and nowhere else.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:

Gary
Hi Gary
As usual swamped with updates, so was on a slow boat going to China to see that post, the cards appears in only one place on the website, in the Planechase Plane Cards subsection of Oversized cards, so I think you need a third one :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 am

dragsamou wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:Right, now the card appears on two different lists here in the Library. One is an Convention promo and the other is a Pre-Release Promo.

Gary
Hi Gary
As usual swamped with updates, so was on a slow boat going to China to see that post, the cards appears in only one place on the website, in the Planechase Plane Cards subsection of Oversized cards, so I think you need a third one :wink:
ROFL..... My, I missed that completely. Wonder if I could just consolidate them -- or would that make me colector wimp.....