Promotional Items from a Gen Con?

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Promotional Items from a Gen Con?

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 am

Does anyone know if these cards truly exist(ed)? If they really do/did, anything else about them (where they were given, what they were given for, etc,) would be great!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:28 am

Your images do not work because the site you linked from does not allow hotlinks, but I looked them up myself.

Those are the alternate art power nine cards given out to the winners of the Vintage tournaments. There is only one of each, and they are not playable. The images as they appear on the site you linked are NOT real. To quote wikipedia:

Since 2003 the winner of the Vintage Championship received an oversized unique, alternate art power nine card. These prize cards were considerably larger than actual cards that can be used in play. The following cards have been given to the winners:

* 2003: Black Lotus to Carl Winter (Artwork by Christopher Rush)[
* 2004: Timetwister to Mark Biller (Artwork by Mark Tedin)
* 2005: Ancestral Recall to Roland Chang (Artwork by Mark Poole)
* 2006: Mox Pearl to Travis Spero (Artwork by Volkan Baga)
* 2007: Mox Jet to Stephen Menendian (Artwork by Volkan Baga)
* 2008: Mox Ruby to Paul Mastriano (Artwork by Volkan Baga)
* 2009: Mox Emerald to Itou Hiromichi (Artwork by Volkan Baga)

Here's the images that have been released that I know of:

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:18 pm

hmmm ok, I figured if they did exist they'd pretty much be unique.

Thoughts on adding the images in the oversize cards section (or ultra rare?)?

And the links work for me. I didn't know if they would so I previewed my post and I could see them. Hence the post.

The art is great. And now I'm curious which card will be given for 2010: Mox Sapphire or Time Walk (I'd bet on the Mox).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi
As I'm working on creating the the new subsection Vintage Championship Oversized Unique Cards, that will be placed in the Oversized cards section, I was wondering 2 Things:
What is says on the Logo?
I do have the measurements for all the cards, but the Black Lotus and TimeTwister that were Holo Foils with a DCI logo, do they have the same measurements?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 am

found this while looking around... the resolution on the pictures is really low, but I think the logo looks like this:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/tou ... champs.jpg

At this time I can't find anything regarding the sizes of the Lotus or Twister.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:50 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:found this while looking around... the resolution on the pictures is really low, but I think the logo looks like this:

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/tou ... champs.jpg

At this time I can't find anything regarding the sizes of the Lotus or Twister.
Hi
This is the Logo, that I've used for the subsection, it's the card Logo that I need. Thanks anyway.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:35 am

no, that's what I'm saying. I think that where the card expansion symbols go is that MTG Vintage logo thing on these oversize vintage prizes. but I can't be sure due to the low resolution of the photos.

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Post by Ram-Gang » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:09 am

dragsamou wrote:Hi
As I'm working on creating the the new subsection Vintage Championship Oversized Unique Cards, that will be placed in the Oversized cards section, I was wondering 2 Things:
I do have the measurements for all the cards, but the Black Lotus and Time Twister that were Holo Foils with a DCI logo, do they have the same measurements?
I believe that Ben Bleiweiss created them for his article on the reprint policy about ways they could increase the supply without crashing the value. I belive that he created them as Judge Foils as far as I know those are not real nor is there plans to make them as Judge Foils.

Travis

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Ram-Gang wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi
I do have the measurements for all the cards, but the Black Lotus and Time Twister that were Holo Foils with a DCI logo, do they have the same measurements?
I believe that Ben Bleiweiss created them for his article on the reprint policy about ways they could increase the supply without crashing the value. I belive that he created them as Judge Foils as far as I know those are not real nor is there plans to make them as Judge Foils.

Travis
Hi Travis
Let's try to make this straight as unfortunately so far, I didn't find any pics all over the Internet of the Black Lotus and Timetwister actual cards except the ones that Ben added on his website, but I did find the Alternate Art. So these 2 cards prizes were not Foils, but have the same pattern of the others Alternate P9?
Have a look at the New subsection that will be online on Monday probably:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/468-rar ... index.html
Also, I wonder what the Back of these Cards looks like?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:09 pm

dragsamou wrote: Let's try to make this straight as unfortunately so far, I didn't find any pics all over the Internet of the Black Lotus and Timetwister actual cards except the ones that Ben added on his website, but I did find the Alternate Art. So these 2 cards prizes were not Foils, but have the same pattern of the others Alternate P9?
That was my understanding as well. The site Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
linked to also has the other cards incorrectly in a DCI judge foil frame which is why I said his images were not real. I think the real cards are all large, non-foil and say 20XX Vintage Championship Winner on them.

Apocalypse2K
Legendary Apocalypse Tempest Collector

Post by Apocalypse2K » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:52 pm

dragsamou wrote: Also, I wonder what the Back of these Cards looks like?
I upload back of Mox Emerald trophy's image and measure width and height at the end of July. Likely other trophies are same size.

Apocalypse2K
Legendary Apocalypse Tempest Collector

Post by Apocalypse2K » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:59 pm

backside image .
high res: http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/wdf/emerald-back.jpg

Volkan Baga's signature is written at Japan Nationals 2010.