Looking for Foil Melissa Benson Cards

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Looking for Foil Melissa Benson Cards

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:42 am

My Artist collection goal is to have all of Melissa A. Benson's English-only first printings of each card she has provided art for (both foil and non-foil). For non-foil I am only missing: Alluring Scent Portal Second Age.

I am also trying to get the first foil version of the following cards:

Lord of Atlantis Time Spiral
Angel of Mercy 8th Edition

Also, was there a foil version of the Shivan Dragon in the Beatdown set, or is Gatherer just misleading with it's Shivan Dragon Beatdown picture being BB? In the Beatdown set I have 2 foil BB cards (Sengir Vampire and Ernham Djinn). I don't think there were any other foil cards from the set, but I'd love to be wrong.

I am also looking for the non-MTG cards she has provided art for, and that list is small, too. The Galactic Empire's War Veteran promo is the one very difficult to get card I can think of right now that I am missing.

I am willing to trade. please send me a message if you can help.

Also, any suggestions on where to go to create a webpage where I can list what I have and what I want? I would prefer free, but would be willing to use a pay site if there are other features.

Clay
Last edited by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot on Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ram-Gang
Librarities Member

Re: Looking for Foil Melissa Benson Cards

Post by Ram-Gang » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:41 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote: Also, was there a foil version of the Shivan Dragon in the Beatdown set, or is Gatherer just misleading with it's Shivan Dragon Beatdown picture being BB?
I don't believe that there was either foils or black bordered cards in that set. I could be wrong as I tore my copy of Beatdown into parts many, many moons ago. Someone else might be more sure but as my memory serves the cards were all white bordered.

Hope that helps,

Travis

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Beatdown foils were Sengir Vampire and Erhnam Djinn. Shivan was not foil, and there were no BB cards except the 2 foils.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Beatdown foils were Sengir Vampire and Erhnam Djinn. Shivan was not foil, and there were no BB cards except the 2 foils.
I am not surprised by that, but still a little disappointed. A foil Shivan with Melissa's art would be beautiful, and I would just HAVE to have one.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Looking for Foil Melissa Benson Cards

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:My Artist collection goal is to have all of Melissa A. Benson's English-only first printings of each card she has provided art for (both foil and non-foil). For non-foil I am only missing: Alluring Scent Portal Second Age.
If you PM me so I can keep your note on file I will check for this card in a week or so when I redo my green inventory. I presently note that I have a full play set which may have a P2 card in it.

I forget very easy so a PM would insure that I look.

Gary

bigbob585
Librarities Member

Post by bigbob585 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Hey there. If you can email me a list of everything you're looking for I can see what I have. I have over 50,000 foils so I should have plenty.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:57 am

I've started posting everything I'm looking for here. hope the site layout looks good.

http://alienstarfighterpilot.angelfire. ... wants.html

let me know what ya'll think, if ya'll don't mind. I'm gonna start adding the cards Melissa Benson did from other ccgs, too. it's gonna take a while.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I've started posting everything I'm looking for here. hope the site layout looks good.

http://alienstarfighterpilot.angelfire. ... wants.html

let me know what ya'll think, if ya'll don't mind. I'm gonna start adding the cards Melissa Benson did from other ccgs, too. it's gonna take a while.
When I tried the links I got an "access denied" page.

Gary

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 pm

ok, I've figured out that when I'm logged in, I can view the links. just tried it when I was logged out of the site and I got the "Access Denied" page, too. damn.

well, I'll fix the wants page now, but the haves page will take a little longer, so I'll fix that one later today.

**Wants page is fixed**