Star Trek CCG

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Star Trek CCG

Post by Jeppe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:07 pm

In my youth I was a real 'trekkie' and bough quite a lot of cards from the Star Trek CCG. About two years ago I aquired a large lot of Star Trek CCG cards from ebay, for nostalgic purposes. It turned out to be an entire store inventory and thus many rather "high-end" cards, like the Enterprise and it's crew, and many black-bordered cards from the first edition.

I thought about them the other day and I'm wondering if anyone here plays or have played the game and knows if there's any value in some of the cards? I looked a bit at completed auctions at eBay and it seems that there's some value in the Enterprise Crew, at least.

If anyone collects or plays Star Trek CCG or know more about their value, do contact me :wink: I have no idea if people still play the game.

I recall that the game was quite fun to play. Once a trekkie, always a trekkie, so maybe I should make some decks and play it once more :-D
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:25 am

There are pockets of groups that still play. Unfortunately in terms of official organized play support there is none. Sadly Decipher folded a year or two ago.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 am

I have the complete collection. Think about it as a nice piece of collectible card game, with a very low value now... Even the last sets dropped in value.

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 am

I never played the game, so I don't know what were the good or desired cards. But what I did see of the game looked like they did a great job of capturing the flavor of the show.

Did you get any copies of the Fajo Collection? I always liked the concept behind releasing that as a limited edition set.

I was a big fan of Quark and the Ferengi on Deep Space Nine, so Rules of Acquisition would have been my favorite expansion.
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm sad to hear that there's no official support anymore. Although, it looks like fans are taking over and making sort of official play support.

misterpid: I've only played very casually but I really agree, the flavor and feeling of the shows are captured very nicely. No copies of the Fajo Collection; The lot I bought only contained cards from the first Premiere set and the first expansion (Alternate Universe).
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!