Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:03 am

Hi folks,

this is an attempt to collect all information about all ever produced Tokens and Tip cards in all languages. This includes all things from earlier sets, all non-card productions like Japanese 3D-Tokens. And all this for all languages.

Everyone in the forum is asked to help with information (if he has some).
Currently English and German parts are quite complete. For German only the 'reprinted' Tokens in Morningtide, Eventide and Conflux are missing.

I have uploaded two files on Mediafire.

1. The ultimate list
I will update this list from time to time. Please everyone help to complete this list.

2. My Trading list
If someone wishes to sell some of the tokens/tip cards to me, here are the tables.

Last versions of both files (2011-Mar-22):
The ultimate list:
http://www.mediafire.com/?p31ivu5w0vcww36
My Trading list:
http://www.mediafire.com/?599uad102d7r14k

Hans-Dietrich
Last edited by Mister Foilcard on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Post by dragsamou » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:Hi folks,

this is an attempt to collect all information about all ever produced Tokens and Tip cards in all languages. This includes all things from earlier sets, all non-card productions like Japanese 3D-Tokens. And all this for all languages.

Everyone in the forum is asked to help with information (if he has some).
Currently English and German parts are quite complete. For German only the 'reprinted' Tokens in Morningtide, Eventide and Conflux are missing.

I have uploaded two files on Mediafire:

1. The ultimate list
I will update this list from time to time. Please everyone help to complete this list.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mghmzzmvdkj

2. My wishlist
If someone wishes to sell some of the tokens/tip cards to me, here are the tables: I'm looking for all red and yellowish marked cards. If someone wishes to sell me a complete global set of an edition, no problem.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyzyiuimcmu

Hans-Dietrich
Hi Hans.
As you know, I do have over 60 Tokens and tips for you :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Hans,

I can confirm existence of the following "??" on your sheet:

Shards of Alara:

Jund/Pro Tour
Saproling/Score
Zombie/Score

I did verify the paper type on the Saproling and Zombie to be sure they were Shards and not Conflux.

Also, you have a tab named "Eveningtide"--the set is actually "Eventide" :)

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:27 pm

thanks for confirming... O:)
Also, you have a tab named "Eveningtide"--the set is actually "Eventide" :)
Oh no! ](*,)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Hi folks,

I have uploaded two files on Mediafire:

1. The ultimate list
http://www.mediafire.com/?mghmzzmvdkj
Hans-Dietrich
We need to add wolf to the Morningtide table (most logical) or Shadowmore to the Lorwyn table as I have a Wolf with Shadowmore on the back. I was not playing/collecting at that time so I have no idea which tokens were in which sets.

Gary

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:05 pm

I've been thinking about that for a bit.

In some cases it is obvious--the Shadowmoor backs on Lorwyn tokens for example are all from Morningtide, as the real Lorwyn tokens had Morningtide backs.

Also, you can differentiate based on the Wrath of God/Damnation differences.

Aside from that, if something got printed with an identical back you cannot tell AFAIK.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:09 pm

Which expansion symbol has this Wolf? There's a Wolf with Shadowmoor symbol in Eventide already.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Which expansion symbol has this Wolf? There's a Wolf with Shadowmoor symbol in Eventide already.
It looks to me like Lorwyn.

I can also confirm that there is a wolf with Lorwyn expansion symbol on the front and Friends & Foils on the back. Be this Lorwyn or Morningtide or both I have no idea.

Happy spreadsheet making......

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:03 am

aleksandr wrote:Aside from that, if something got printed with an identical back you cannot tell AFAIK.
I have been able to absolutely confirm the following in Morningtide:

Treefolk Shaman/Friends and Win More (D)
Kithkin Solder/Play Big and See the Cards
Meerfolk Wizard/Play Big
Goblin Rogue/Go to the Source and See the cards and Win More (D)
Elemental/Shadowmoor and Win More (D)
Elf Warrior/Friends and Play Big and Shadowmoor
Wolf/Go to the Source and Shadowmoor and Win More (D)

Gary

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 am

Well, we've got some more fun to deal with...Shards tokens reprinted in Alara Reborn!

I can confirm that Alara Reborn tokens/tips uses the same cheap paper stock that Conflux did.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:28 am

Well, if all goes to plan I will have a controled sample of all the token/tips cards in one or two cases of Reborn. That should give me a fairly clean picture.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:53 am

I have been able to absolutely confirm the following in Morningtide:

Treefolk Shaman/Friends and Win More (D)
Kithkin Solder/Play Big and See the Cards
Meerfolk Wizard/Play Big
Goblin Rogue/Go to the Source and See the cards and Win More (D)
Elemental/Shadowmoor and Win More (D)
Elf Warrior/Friends and Play Big and Shadowmoor
Wolf/Go to the Source and Shadowmoor and Win More (D)
Thanks, Gary. I assume, all these cards have the Lorwyn symbol, right?
In this case, the following backs between those from Lorwyn and those from Morningtide are identical:
- 'Friends & Foils'
- 'Play Big'
- 'See the Cards'
- 'Go to the Source'
I see no chance to determine from which expansion such a card comes. What to do?

Next update of the list will come out on next Wednesday.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:Thanks, Gary. I assume, all these cards have the Lorwyn symbol, right?
In this case, the following backs between those from Lorwyn and those from Morningtide are identical:
- 'Friends & Foils'
- 'Play Big'
- 'See the Cards'
- 'Go to the Source'
I see no chance to determine from which expansion such a card comes. What to do? Next update of the list will come out on next Wednesday.
Yes, all Lorwyn symbols.
Yes, At this point those combos appear exactly the same to include their paper type. When I have more time I will get a box of Lorwyn and photograph the matching combos so I can blow them up to see if I can detect any detail difference between them.
My method of confirmation was to buy a booster display of MT and form a "controlled sample". I suspect this sample is not complete and there are other MT combos. All I know for sure are the MT combos I listed.

The real point here is, how do we collect them? In the future I will make definitive listings from each new set as it comes out. For the past I am not sure I want to buy a case of each set in question just to insure the accuracy of which t/t came from where.

A question that has come to mind is the possibility that some t/t cards were printed en mass for the whole expansion. I would really doubt this if present sorting/packaging was done at CM. That operation would have been quite ackward to switch in cards from a different run. Space alone would be a problem. But, what type of assembly line process is presently being used is an unknown to me so I can not rule out that possibility.

Until something more detailed comes to mind we may wish to simply list the ones we are not sure of as Lorwyn "block" t/t cards.

Looking forward to your update but will be in Annecy by that time.

I plan to do a much more analytical job with a case sized controlled sample on Reborn.

Gary

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:06 pm

It's possible, and desirable from a marketing point of view, that cards with advertisements on the back follow a different release pattern than the sets themselves.

This would allow WotC to change ads mid-print cycle to coincide with new product announcements. This would also explain the overlap of some t/t cards into the next set.

If this is the case, opening a case on release day is not going to be a good strategy for compiling a complete list of tips/tokens for that set.

Can we confirm one way or the other whether this has happened in past sets or not?

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:13 pm

The frequency of how some of the t/t appear may change, but I have not yet seen an example of new backs showing up mid-release of a set. I draft twice a week and usually see a large sample of cards and I've never seen an example of a brand-new back showing up that has never been seen before.