Conflux carboard stock

Questions about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Conflux carboard stock

Post by agzz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Is it only me or does the paper and printing of cunflux differ from previous sets? Conflux feels much cheaper made! Like thinner and less structure maby a bit more waxed as well?

Or am I imagining things?

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:34 pm

I thought the same at the local prerelease. I noticed the packs felt different, too? And the cards were a bit darker, in my opinion...

Maybe Enigma (Swedish distributor for MtG) has started printing their own cards... :-P
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:17 am

OMG I noticed a waxy film that was splotchy over most of the ones I saw... they did seem different!

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:44 pm

You're probably imagining things.

Moebius
Legendary Big Footed Cow Collector

Post by Moebius » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm

I have taken some cards from the pre release and tried but can't find any differince in paper stock, thickness, beding, surface. I did however notice the boosters were different in packaging

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 pm

squt wrote:You're probably imagining things.
I thought so but multiple ppl at our prerelease noticed and then some players at a swedish forums asked the same thing. Plus im about 95% comparing two blindfolded.

Maby Jeppe is right. :-P

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:18 am

I too felt this. They feel "cheaper", thinner, more pliable, etc. Then I played with some shards cards and wasn't so sure.

To test if the stock changed (potentially) I weighed different amounts of shards cards (brand new, booster fresh) in 10 card, 25 card, and 50 card piles. I then did the same with Conflux cards of the same numbers / condition.

The result? Conflux cards weighed about 1.5% more every single test. Who knows what that really means though :-D

What I think seems most different is foils. Most of my Conflux foils appear too dark (especially multicolored ones) and they shine in the light differently than other foils (to my eye at least)