Star City putting Rarities/misprints on E-bay again

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

BenBleiweiss
Legendary StarcityGames General Manager

Star City putting Rarities/misprints on E-bay again

Post by BenBleiweiss » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Hey Guys:

Just letting you know that as of Monday, we began posting rarities and foreign cards to our E-bay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Star-City-Games . We have a new guy (Ken, who is trying to get an account approved here - can anyone help?) who is in charge of getting these cards up on E-bay. If you have any questions or are looking for anything in particular, please feel free to e-mail him directly at ken.adams@starcitygames.com !

- Ben Bleiweiss
- General Manager of Acquisitions and Inventory, StarCityGames.com

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Wow, don't overcharge on those dark Visions cards or anything. 8-|

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:17 pm

yawg07 wrote:Wow, don't overcharge on those dark Visions cards or anything. 8-|
If thats what they are going for, then its time for me to go back and check out my extra visions cards! =D>

BenBleiweiss

Post by BenBleiweiss » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Not that I'm arguing one way or another, but I'm genuinely curious: What do you think they are worth?

- Ben

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 pm

$200 for a misprint Eventide Booster Pack ? :-O

I thought there was enough milk over there.

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:56 pm

BenBleiweiss wrote:
Not that I'm arguing one way or another, but I'm genuinely curious: What do you think they are worth?

- Ben
Like on that Firestorm Hellkite? NOT 7000%
I'd say like 3 or 4 bucks, really. Maybe 20-25 on a vamp? 30?
They also have to be REALLY DARK before they are worth a LOT more than normal.
I have seen a Vampiric Tutor before that was so dark you could barely read it. I'd pay 30-40 or so for THAT.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:59 pm

SCG is usually reasonable in price.

All this a little high to me, considering the trends in the market and the current economy...

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:03 pm

I got my Vamp for I think $25 or $30 off of Strictly-Magic, but then this n00b bobdollio wants $500 for one, so who knows?

BenBleiweiss

Post by BenBleiweiss » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:09 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:I got my Vamp for I think $25 or $30 off of Strictly-Magic, but then this n00b bobdollio wants $500 for one, so who knows?
Again, would love to get pricing input! As far as I can tell, these are somewhere in the range of rarer than Tempest Medallions, albeit a lot of them are not on Rares, so it's hard to gauge a price. We're open for suggestions, or feedback, about any of the pricing!

- Ben

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:26 pm

BenBleiweiss wrote:
Tha_Gunslinga wrote:I got my Vamp for I think $25 or $30 off of Strictly-Magic, but then this n00b bobdollio wants $500 for one, so who knows?
Again, would love to get pricing input! As far as I can tell, these are somewhere in the range of rarer than Tempest Medallions, albeit a lot of them are not on Rares, so it's hard to gauge a price. We're open for suggestions, or feedback, about any of the pricing!

- Ben
Why not change a couple of the listings to allow Best Offers? That way you can get some input from potentially interested parties.

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Ben- Usually you guys ROCK on customer service and response time... emailed your boy this morning-still waiting on word?!

BenBleiweiss

Post by BenBleiweiss » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:40 pm

ritnecrowin wrote:Ben- Usually you guys ROCK on customer service and response time... emailed your boy this morning-still waiting on word?!
Ken's looking around for the cards you were looking for, so he should be getting back to you shortly (he was doing a little research before getting back to you).

- Ben

BenBleiweiss

Post by BenBleiweiss » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:44 pm

magic-belgium wrote:SCG is usually reasonable in price.

All this a little high to me, considering the trends in the market and the current economy...
As I said; we are just starting to list some of our rarities/misprints/foreign cards that we have accumulated for the last while. We have sold quite a large percentage of our first batch (completed auctions) within 48 hours of the auctions going up, so I'd say that generally, while some cards might be a little high, the majority were priced just fine. I do appreciate the input!

- Ben

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:19 pm

I haven't checked the completed ones. Just saw the ones up now. The explanation you just gave seems quite logical.

andytalaga
Librarities Legend

Post by andytalaga » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:11 am

I have my eye on a couple of the foreign cards (Japanese and Korean stuff) for my cube. Some of the prices are a little over what i would like to spend but sometimes on hard to find tempest/saga era foreign stuff you have to bite the bullet. I am sure is some of the cards were $1-2 lower i would have bought them right away (but then i think a bunch of people would have too...maybe).

@ Ben, (sort of off topic) is there a way you can list some of your foreign commons and uncommons on ebay. I know i looked through that 5000ct box you had at the SCG Philly and a lot of that was kind of impulse buying like "hot damn here is a japanese dauthi horror" etc. but your site is so not-searching-for-foreign-cards friendly that it makes it impossible to find stuff except if you are looking for it directly. I know the advanced search has the box for search foreign cards but it brings up a million pages and it is hard to navigate.

I am sure that there are others on this site who do global collections or who are looking to complete foreign sets that would love to see some good commons and uncommons that are not that easy to find put up (or the website easier to search e.g. be able to search for "Korean" or "Japanese" and not get "no results".

sorry for the long-winded reply