Pokemon-backed Magic cards

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Pokemon-backed Magic cards

Post by hammr7 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:30 pm

I recently purchased an uncut sheet (11 x 11) of Pokemon backed Magic cards. The sheet front has two 60-card preconstructed Invasion decks and a black filler card on it. I have seen the Wyvern backed Magic cards (or Magic-faced Wyvern cards), and I have seen the Harry Potter backed decks, but has anyone seen Pokemon backed Magic cards before?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Pokemon-backed Magic cards

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:42 pm

hammr7 wrote:I recently purchased an uncut sheet (11 x 11) of Pokemon backed Magic cards. The sheet front has two 60-card preconstructed Invasion decks and a black filler card on it. I have seen the Wyvern backed Magic cards (or Magic-faced Wyvern cards), and I have seen the Harry Potter backed decks, but has anyone seen Pokemon backed Magic cards before?
Hi Hank.
Nice and cheap Ebay find =D>
The Pokemon back is New to me.Maybe some Preconstructed Invasion decks with Pokemon backs are in the wild,will they sell for 15000$ like the Harry Potter ones?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:51 pm

Only if I cut up the sheet! :-> ;-D

And then I'll have two different unique preconstructed decks! [-X [-X

Plus an EXTREMELY rare Pokemon filler card. :-O

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:28 pm

Hank: Never heard of these before. You definitely have a rare find on your hands. Any pics?

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:52 pm

i remember a long time ago there were some pokemon backed magic sheets stolen and ebayed, altho i was pretty sure all were killed on ebay and returned.

i wasnt aware that any remained in public.

nice find.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:59 pm

mintcollector wrote:Hank: Never heard of these before. You definitely have a rare find on your hands. Any pics?
Hi Mike.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0016027148
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Dilligaf wrote:i remember a long time ago there were some pokemon backed magic sheets stolen and ebayed, altho i was pretty sure all were killed on ebay and returned.

i wasnt aware that any remained in public.

nice find.
If they were stolen, who were they stolen from? Certainly not Carta Mundi, or they would have been in Europe. Were they some of the trash sheets WOTC once used to protect good product? Or were they some goodie handed around to WOTC employees that wasn't supposed to see the outside world?

I love the stories that go along with items like these. Unfortunately the stories rarely see the light of day, even if the items eventually do.

HypnoticSpecter

Post by HypnoticSpecter » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:51 pm

this was really nice deal for you. how did you find that on ebay?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:22 am

I'd like to say I had a great secret strategy, but it was mainly luck. Now that prices are extremely low for Pokemon cards, I have started collecting them. It is incredibly cheap to put together all the older English sets, as well as obtain unopened boxes of first edition booster boxes in different languages (English 1st edition base set booster boxes still go for over $400). My hope is that Pokemon cards will become more collectible, even if it takes another decade.

I simply used an eBay query looking for auctions that had the word pokemon in the title or description, and sorted the results from highest to lowest price. Because prices are so low, the sheet showed up on the second or third 100 auction page. Had I performed the same search for magic and MTG, a $70 auction (the price when I ran the querry) would have been on page 30 or 40 or 50 of the results, and I never would have gotten to it.