Ebay Report Section Poll 1.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ebay Report Section.Guidelines.

Poll ended at Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Only for Active Members participating in the Forum and Old Members
36%
Only for Members with 20/100 Posts(Not Spamming)
45%
For Any Members even Brand new ones
18%

Total votes: 22

dragsamou
Administrator

Ebay Report Section Poll 1.

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:44 am

Hi Members.
Regarding the Ebay Report Section,I and some Members believe that few Guidelines are necessary.As I have talked to Ralph, I have opened a Poll to know what others Members are thinking.In case,any Members believe,I forget any Issues about the Ebay Report Poll thanks to let me know.
For Technical reasons,I have to create different Polls.
Last edited by dragsamou on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:36 pm

I think that members who have posted here for a period of time should have this "right". The reason is that new members may be inclined to spam. Restricting it onlt to active members may not work either. For example, members like sylvanstu have not posted here in eons, but should an auction of his come up, he should be able to post. I don't think the number should be 50 or 100 though. Something like 20 posts should be enough. This way newer members, or members who read more than post can still post their auctions to the community.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:43 pm

mintcollector wrote:I think that members who have posted here for a period of time should have this "right". The reason is that new members may be inclined to spam. Restricting it onlt to active members may not work either. For example, members like sylvanstu have not posted here in eons, but should an auction of his come up, he should be able to post. I don't think the number should be 50 or 100 though. Something like 20 posts should be enough. This way newer members, or members who read more than post can still post their auctions to the community.
Hi Mike.
I have adjusted to 20 Posts and Old Members,and I agree with your comments.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:00 pm

Just be careful with your minimum number of posts. This may eventually eliminate older members from ever posting in the eBay section.

As the various forums get cleaned up, and many older posts get removed, most or all of us have had our post count reduced. I have watched mine decrease by 50 in the past month. We might eventually find that long-term members who are primarily sellers (like GamingJim) are unable to post in the eBay section. Because most of their posts are sale offers of items we actually WANT to be aware of, and because these are the kinds of posts that are being removed, their counters may approach zero.

I alerted Ralph about the counters some time ago, but neither of us were worried about potential implications. Here we possibly have one.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:11 pm

hammr7 wrote:Just be careful with your minimum number of posts. This may eventually eliminate older members from ever posting in the eBay section.

As the various forums get cleaned up, and many older posts get removed, most or all of us have had our post count reduced. I have watched mine decrease by 50 in the past month. We might eventually find that long-term members who are primarily sellers (like GamingJim) are unable to post in the eBay section. Because most of their posts are sale offers of items we actually WANT to be aware of, and because these are the kinds of posts that are being removed, their counters may approach zero.

I alerted Ralph about the counters some time ago, but neither of us were worried about potential implications. Here we possibly have one.
Hi Hank.
I have adjust to Older Members as well,meaningGamingJim,
Flaminio,Sylvanstu,etc...are not concerned at all.Point is mainly to know if we can tolerate Member coming One time to this Forum to advertize anything.683 Members how many are active?The Cleaning of the Members is scheduled and Only Ralph will take care of it.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:10 am

i am for making the forum open to all members and dealing with problem members as the need arises. i will always be against restricting privledges to new members as i do not want to scare potentially valuable members away because some new members abuse the forum.

practice peace

tom

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:45 am

I think that as long as there's some standard of what types of auctions should be posted in the forum, new members' posts would be alright. Perhaps allow older members a bit more latitude in what THEY can post, though.

After all, we don't want to miss the next Harry Potter-backed cards just because the person wasn't a member. (Okay, a bit unrealistic example, but the principle holds.)