Ebay Report Section Poll 2.With Modifications.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ebay Report Section.Guidelines.

Poll ended at Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:53 pm

Own Auctions Only International available for All the Others Members
68%
Owns Auctions Only National Not available for All the Others Members
32%

Total votes: 22

dragsamou
Administrator

Ebay Report Section Poll 2.With Modifications.

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi Members.
Regarding the Ebay Report Section,I and some Members believe that few Guidelines are necessary.As I have talked to Ralph, I have opened a Poll to know what others Members are thinking.In case,any Members believe,I forget any Issues about the Ebay Report Poll thanks to let me know.
For Technical reasons,I have to create different Polls.
EDIT:To clarify the Subject of this Poll I have modified the Polls contents.
Last edited by dragsamou on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:39 pm

Alexis, I do not understand what you mean by this particaulr poll. Can you explain this one a little more?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:51 pm

mintcollector wrote:Alexis, I do not understand what you mean by this particaulr poll. Can you explain this one a little more?
Hi Mike.
This particular Poll was made for that type of Situation:
http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2946
As,this is An International Forum,I believe that any Own auctions should be available to Any Members anywhere in the World,meaning that any auctions Only USA,France Only,Germany Only,etc...Won't be tolerated and will be deleted except if The Seller change it to International.This same Post also brings the Poll,as it's a New Member with less than
10 Posts and to finish the Poll about Posting Basic Cards in the Ebay Report.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:57 pm

Obviously, auctions with international shipping that are open to all members is the best way to go. However, I'm in favor of allowing all auctions to be posted. There are enough people here from various contries that have been willing to act as intermediaries, and I would hate to see so many auctions closed off. One obvious example is macone, who has been a great source of items from Japan.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:14 pm

psrex wrote:Obviously, auctions with international shipping that are open to all members is the best way to go. However, I'm in favor of allowing all auctions to be posted. There are enough people here from various contries that have been willing to act as intermediaries, and I would hate to see so many auctions closed off. One obvious example is macone, who has been a great source of items from Japan.
Hi.
Macone has from the Beginning posts Only about Magic Rarities,Promos,
etc...Only available in Japan as they do not Sell International.Macone is one of our most valuable Members,and in his case,Not one auctions that he provide infos on have been ever deleted or will be.I'm not sure,I understand your point,can you develop the All auctions?This Poll is about tolerating auctions that Members will offer Only to their country.Example,I will put a Summer Shivan Dragon on Ebay FR(Or Anything else interesting),but I made it Only available to French Members,do you think that others Members from the US,England,Germany,etc...Will appreciate?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:35 pm

dragsamou wrote:Example,I will put a Summer Shivan Dragon on Ebay FR(Or Anything else interesting),but I made it Only available to French Members,do you think that others Members from the US,England,Germany,etc...Will appreciate?
If the cards are hard enough to find, I think that people would appreciate all auctions being posted. If you run across an auction that is for France only you will at least have a chance to contact some of the members who might be able to bid for you (or be able to mail you the goods from the auction). If nothing else, even if people don't bid, it still gives a bit of data on prices for some of the really hard to find cards.

If people decided that only auctions with international shipping should be posted, then I see no distinction between a France only auction and the Japan only auctions that macone posts (which I agree are quite valuable).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:50 pm

psrex wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Example,I will put a Summer Shivan Dragon on Ebay FR(Or Anything else interesting),but I made it Only available to French Members,do you think that others Members from the US,England,Germany,etc...Will appreciate?

If people decided that only auctions with international shipping should be posted, then I see no distinction between a France only auction and the Japan only auctions that macone posts (which I agree are quite valuable).

No Distinction :-O
One,it's my own auction and while this Forum is International,I choose to make it Only available to Members living in France.
Yahoo Japan advertize Only No International auctions because it's the law in Japan,and One member advertize them so they became available for the Members of the All World.
Still No difference for you ?
If you run across an auction that is for France only you will at least have a chance to contact some of the members who might be able to bid for you (or be able to mail you the goods from the auction). If nothing else, even if people don't bid, it still gives a bit of data on prices for some of the really hard to find cards.
I'm talking about Members of this Forum promoting their OWN auctions ON THIS FORUM having the possibility to ship International but Won't.
I'm not talking for sure about Ebay or Yahoo auctions from all over the world,selling Only to One country,and that a Member could spot and help to get.These have totally their place in the Ebay Report,than to determined which kind of Auctions,Rarities,StandardCard,Car,Planes,etc...it's another story(Others Polls)I hope,it's clear.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:07 pm

dragsamou wrote:Still No difference for you ?
Still no difference -- in both cases they are limited audiences. Of course others may disagree.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:21 pm

psrex wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Still No difference for you ?
Still no difference -- in both cases they are limited audiences. Of course others may disagree.
:-O :-O :-O
I tell you the difference.
One Member is open to this International Community the other is Not.
So why don't these Members just go to a Website speaking their own language and selling only to their own country knowing that since the beginning this Website is International.Let's say,we have a majority of German Members on the Forum and the Webmaster is German,what about Only Topics or Posts,Announcements,Auctions,etc... In German Only for German Members with your logic.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:30 pm

dragsamou wrote: :-O :-O :-O
So why don't these Members just go to a Website speaking their own language and selling only to their own country knowing that since the beginning this Website is International.Let's say,we have a majority of German Members on the Forum and the Webmaster is German,what about Only Topics or Posts,Announcements,Auctions,etc... In German Only for German Members with your logic.
I completely agree with you, except for the part that they shouldn't post here. I'm interested in seeing what cool rarities, misprints, etc. come up for auction, even if I don't have the opportunity to win them. To me it's more about the knowledge of what's out there, what it's selling for, etc. rather than simply for purchasing.

If it really became a problem that people overwhelmed the topic with auctions that have limited shipping I would change my position.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:41 pm

psrex wrote:
dragsamou wrote: :-O :-O :-O
I completely agree with you, except for the part that they shouldn't post here. I'm interested in seeing what cool rarities, misprints, etc. come up for auction, even if I don't have the opportunity to win them. To me it's more about the knowledge of what's out there, what it's selling for, etc. rather than simply for purchasing.

If it really became a problem that people overwhelmed the topic with auctions that have limited shipping I would change my position.
I'm always interested to see Rarities,Misprints,etc...From the All World,I search Ebay Worldwilde everyday for those,and any Members can do so if they just want to watch.Will you be the One,helping All the Members as necessary as they need when a Member will put his Own auction on this forum Only available to one country.After 100 times doing so,you will not think that if these auctions will be available Internationally at the beginning
life will be easier?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:06 pm

This is a tough one. The reaon it is tough is as follows.....

I agree on one side that auctions supporting international shipping works out great for all members here.

On the other side, auctions that ship to US-only may still have items international members want. So not allowing them to be posted here may hurt those that have services secured for such situations. By this I mean I but stuff for Ralph as an example and then hold it until there is enough to justify a postage mailng to Germany. So if I find, or someone posts on something that Ralph needs, then it would be remiss to have a rule stating such an auction cannot be posted here.

Now I know not every non-US member has such help in these situations, but I am sure some do have or have had such help in the past. So do you have a rule in place that hinders these members? So we have cases where international members can be hindered in certain cases, depending on whom you speak to. If I had to guess, the are more international membbers here who do not have US_based assistance for dealing with US-based auctions. Maybe this should be another post or poll on this.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:41 am

I know of many US sellers who will not sell to certain countries. There are many parts of the world that don't provide tracking, insurance, or other guarantees that shipments will get where they are supposed to. Even Brap, one of the biggest sellers on eBay, will no longer ship to countries like Brazil.

Selling internationally implies a certain level of sophistication to do it right. As hard-core collectors, we are used to such deals. There are many casual sellers who are not similarly inclined.

Furthermore, many items don't ship well. As an example, you cannot get insurance on anything glass when shipping from the UK to the US. I know, having tried to ship a neon sign. You can get it shipped via Royal Air, just not insure it. Some sellers just aren't willing to take the risk.

Finally, some sellers aren't even aware of the International market. Many think that the additional shipping costs will price their articles out of international consideration. I have contacted many such sellers and found them quite accomodating once they realize I am serious.

Bottom line, if we are going to have an area associated with auctions, and an auction is truly of interest to members of our community, then the auction should be posted. If a member really wants an item that won't ship to him, then he can negotiate with either the seller or other members to arrange delivery. I've done it successfully and gotten to better know forum members in the process.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:50 am

I think hammr7's post pretty much expresses how I feel. Even when an auction won't ship outside the country (whichever country that may be), there are still other ways members can get the item. I think it's more important that members are aware of all of the auctions that are available to them, even if they have to go to some extra effort to get them, than it is to avoid posting auctions that some members may not be able to get.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:07 am

my vote goes with hammer. i do not want interesting auctions made unavailable because they are not as valuable as they would be if they were
open to the entire world.

practice peace

tom