Need card storage album or new storage Idea/ system

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Need card storage album or new storage Idea/ system

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:15 pm

my Shivans need a new room.
For now I have used a Card Album with 10x 9pocket sheets.
Generaly I would like to only fill them up in one side but I somehow started adding singed or misprinted versions of the card in the back.
The problem is that there are 102 different ones + signed, misprinted and they therfor do not fit into the album anymore. Also I am thinking of maybe later expanding it to playsets of each version and therfor would need somthing that can be enlarged.
I do not want to have them in sleeves in toploders and in boxes I want something with pages you can turn to look at them.

Now everybody would say: get a d-ring binder =D>
but I have seen very nice cards been damaged due to those binders [-X because people would flip more the one page back. I defenetly do not want that to happen to any of my cards. :evil:

Does something like 9-pocket-toploader-like pages exist?

Any ideas are wellcome and if good I might think of swapping evey card I have in that system.

regards
Richard
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:25 pm

one more album?

pickle.69

Post by pickle.69 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:31 pm

agzz wrote:one more album?
Why did I know this would come?
Well most of all I want them all together.
Something expandable but much more rigid then those standart pages.
Collections needing help

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi Richard.
Send them to PSA,and then buy a PSA Binder and Sleeves,so you won't have to worry about getting them damaged.All my Collection is in Binders...Old Style :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:40 pm

I have been looking for the same but i did not find anything good so i went with more albums. its not that bad.

if you find something better im all ears.
specially if it can take 1600 card collection. :D

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:10 pm

You can look up "MJ ROOP ARCHIVERS". They sell boxes and binders/pages for card collecting. They also design storage containers for slabbed cards. Some of the cheaper boxes they sell are quite popular with members on the PSA boards. Even moreso than the wood stuff.
I put all my cards in penny sleeves and then toploaders and store these in boxes. I bought a nice Beta set last year but the cards were in binders since the mid 90's and about 1/6 of the cards have small indentations from the rings on the binders including the Ruby/Emerald and a few other good rares. It saddens me cause the cards are pretty much perfect otherwise.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Re: Need card storage album or new storage Idea/ system

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:30 pm

pickle.69 wrote:Any ideas are wellcome and if good I might think of swapping evey card I have in that system.

regards
Richard
How about buying a shredder? You can shred all your Shivans, and they will take up much less space than they do currently. Also, once they are shredded, you probably do not need to worry about keeping them in quite as safe a place.

p.s. you did say all ideas are welcome ](*,)

Celebrindor

Re: Need card storage album or new storage Idea/ system

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:08 am

silver.paladin wrote:
pickle.69 wrote:Any ideas are wellcome and if good I might think of swapping evey card I have in that system.

regards
Richard
How about buying a shredder? You can shred all your Shivans, and they will take up much less space than they do currently. Also, once they are shredded, you probably do not need to worry about keeping them in quite as safe a place.

p.s. you did say all ideas are welcome ](*,)
Better yet, if you shred them all in the same manner, you can mix and match ShivanStrips(TM) and create some cool cards.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:17 am

pickle.69 wrote:
agzz wrote:one more album?
Why did I know this would come?
Well most of all I want them all together.
Something expandable but much more rigid then those standart pages.
I've seen reinforced pages somewhere. I was thinking of getting them for my fbb sets when i arrive in canada.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:28 am

the reinforced pages are nice, but almost overly stiff. Ive seen foil cards damaged when beling placed into the pages.

ultrapro showcased a new kind of page in Baltimore a few wks back that is a standard 9pct page, but has an extra 'flap' of soft plastic above each of the rows. this flap stops cards from falling out of the pages when the binder is moved around.

could be something to look in to.

someone mentioned a fear of binder creases as well, usually this wont happen with D-ring binds.. only with O-ring binders. if you are afraid of this try the U-ring binders. those also usually available in VERY large sizes.. up to 6 inches.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:36 am

Dilligaf wrote:the reinforced pages are nice, but almost overly stiff. Ive seen foil cards damaged when beling placed into the pages.

ultrapro showcased a new kind of page in Baltimore a few wks back that is a standard 9pct page, but has an extra 'flap' of soft plastic above each of the rows. this flap stops cards from falling out of the pages when the binder is moved around.

could be something to look in to.

someone mentioned a fear of binder creases as well, usually this wont happen with D-ring binds.. only with O-ring binders. if you are afraid of this try the U-ring binders. those also usually available in VERY large sizes.. up to 6 inches.
Ok, I know what an O ring binder is, and I use D ring binders myself. What is a U ring binder?

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:01 am

I believe its a binder where the ring is a square upside down U

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:34 am

Lasbrook wrote:I believe its a binder where the ring is a square upside down U
correct sir.

both sides of the Ring are straight edges, they are most often used for storing magazines and legal papers that take up a lot of space in a regular binder.

Check a local office depot or officemax, they should have some in thier legal section.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

pickle.69

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:28 am

Dilligaf wrote: someone mentioned a fear of binder creases as well, usually this wont happen with D-ring binds.. only with O-ring binders. if you are afraid of this try the U-ring binders. those also usually available in VERY large sizes.. up to 6 inches.
Well if it was only me using the binder that would be no problem but if people want to look at my cards I like them to look at them at the speed they want.
the problem normaly only ocures if you flipp more then one page back and you need to help them to get over the D,O U whatever part.
This is the moment where the paper get pressses together and those stupid damages come out.

This can hapen with all ring binders due to the sleeve like pages.
Thats why I would want more rigid pages.
Collections needing help

inca911
Librarities Legend

Post by inca911 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:27 pm

Put the card upside down into a sleeve first (a high quality sleeve), then put the sleeve into the binder page so that the sleeve opening is pointing down (so the card is right-side up). The card now can't slip out of the binder, and the extra support of the high quality sleeve makes the page more robust. This also prevents the liklihood of someone sliding a card out.

To hold the filled pages, pick up a 1.5" or 2" zippered binder. Then the pages themselves are contained as well.