retailer sell sheets / products / blister packs

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

rg

retailer sell sheets / products / blister packs

Post by rg » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:48 am

While doing some codes research for the Card Sets page i stumbled across the WotC retailer sell sheets for some magic products.
There are at least 2 sheets per set, one for the standard (random sorted) set products (like starters, boosters etc) and one for the preconstructed set products.

Example: Portal 2nd Age (standard)

Image Image

If you look at the item table you can see some items not covered by the Card Sets page.
So i think i know what the difference between J-hook and standard means but i did not expect they have different codes.
But as you can see the codes, regardless whether ISBN or UPC are continuous. So this is at least an explanation for the gaps we have when you look at the codes listed on the Card Sets page.

So here are some questions that arose:

1.) I know the WotC retailer sell sheets exist for every (at least almost) CCG produced by WotC as i have some for Lot5R, LotBS, Dune, Rage, etc.
But do they exists in different languages?

2.) The sheets have a 3 ring perforation and are meant for binder archiving. So there may be some retailers having a binder with a lot of sheets containing the information we need for the Card Sets page. While i already have send out requests to those i know it would be of help if some of you can also ask there retailer contacts?  

3.) Can someone provide pictures for all or at least some of the items not yet covered by the Card Sets page? (What are booster blister packs???)

As a little side note:
If you would trade some of the sheets you might have, please PM me ;)

And sorry if i confused all the sealed collectors  [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Re: product packing / booster blister packs

Post by flatmatt » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:01 am

A blister pack is like this:

Except in this case it has a booster pack in it.  I've mostly seen them at large retail stores (Meijer, Target)

rg

Post by rg » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 am

A blister pack is like this:

Except in this case it has a booster pack in it.  I've mostly seen them at large retail stores (Meijer, Target)
Thanks, thats what i expected.
But i have never seen an "official" one. I know repacked ones from shops, but they don't have their own WotC product numbers.

(So Eric now you know how to get mint boosters ... sealed sealed packs ;))

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:25 am

I think I may have seen these at a store recently.  I'll check it out tommorow, and try to pick one up.

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:46 am

I've seen those blister packs on eBay several times for really cheap prices, but I never felt they were worth buying ::)
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:40 am

Walmart, target, kmart, take your pick.  this is how they sell them.  WOTC was ordered to pack in blisters or face not being a "main streem" game.

Also, In case anyone is interested, the wizards stores recieved plain, brown, 3 foot x 6 in x 4 in box where all the packs were standing up front to back sometimes in blisters, sometimes not.  wizards stores were shipped one folded demo box for display within this brown box.

is this of interest?  Hope so.

rg

Post by rg » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:25 am

Walmart, target, kmart, take your pick.  this is how they sell them.  WOTC was ordered to pack in blisters or face not being a "main streem" game.

Also, In case anyone is interested, the wizards stores recieved plain, brown, 3 foot x 6 in x 4 in box where all the packs were standing up front to back sometimes in blisters, sometimes not.  wizards stores were shipped one folded demo box for display within this brown box.

is this of interest?  Hope so.
Yes it is (at least for me ;)).
If you could get your hands on such a box please let me know.

I changed the subject a little because i noticed it was bad choosen (also need infos on the retailer sheets).

I got some replys from my contacts.
As i asumed most through them away when they get them.
But they still exist for every new set in the US. Still no informations on other languages.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Re: retailer sell sheets / products / blister pack

Post by aleksandr » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:22 am

I may have some recent (Mirrodin block) sheets lying around.  I know I have several of these binders from WOTC, but honestly, I find they are of little use to me beyond the initial first glance.  I don't order product from my distributors based on item codes or UPC, so that info is generally irrelevant to me.  I know the release dates of upcoming magic sets and I know they are issued in boosters, tournament packs, fat packs, and theme decks, so there isn't much info to glean from these pages.

I did take some of the plastic coated divider pages out of these binders to use in my magic binder...they have an illustration on them and a tab that says "Magic the Gathering".  (There is one divider per WOTC product line in their retailer notebooks).  One I remember in particular has the elvish champion from 8th Ed on it.  (Who is awfully big and muscular for an elf...)

I don't want to trade the dividers, but if anyone really wants the product sell sheets, or even the binders themselves, they are welcome to them.

Regards,
Aleks

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:55 am

Aleks,

i would be interested in them.  As someone who used to generate similar items in less fun industries, It would be a nice way to expand my colllection, and possibly help the site in the quest to document all official Wizards products related to Magic.  Send me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

Hank
Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:36 am

OK...I've got a couple requests from folks who are inteterested in these sell sheets.  I checked one binder I had at home and it had the sheets for Mirrodin Block plus the 2003 World Champ decks.  I'm pretty sure I've got the previous years binder at the store itself, I'll have to check.

I'm not really interested in selling these things--I'm not out for money ;)  I'd rather give them away to someone who truly wants or needs them either for free, or maybe for trade of a promo or two that I might need.  I also don't really want to decide who gets these based on best trade offers.  If Ralph or someone else needed them to better the site, that is where they would go.  

So, everyone who is interested in these, please let me know via PM and the purpose you plan to use them for.  I'll make a decision and ship 'em out.

Aleks

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:29 am

any sheets left guys?  lets talk