An important warning, please heed this!

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: An important warning, please heed this!

Post by AXIOS » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:33 pm

@silver...the enveloppe you send me also didn't got tampered with in any way.
Just a clean nice enveloppe.

everything i bought in the us always arrived, never got any us (or canadian) mail lost.

I did loose some French and German mail that was sended to me.
Mail sended from Netherlandians to Italy takes over 2 months to arrive
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:03 am

Cards in the past I have received from all over the states, as well as MANY packages/folders/ and envelopes from spain. None of them were "checked by customs" (at least not physcially... maybe x-ray).

The tampering on the island's envelope I got from Alexis is clearly theft. Its sloppy. Also.. there is a crumb (cookie?) stuck in the tape that I discovered.. hehe yum.

Also.. I looked really carefully.. and tape covering the scissor's cut is applied OVER the stamp saying "Paris-B Chaumont-Rue Goubet (19E)-".

So... we can conclude that this was stamped in paris WITH the island, and the island taken later. The other stamps are applied in a different section of the envelope, so I cannot conclude where else the island card was, or was not.

I like the idea of sending "dummy cards"... perhaps a magic card with swear words and things all over it ;) hehe. We can probably guess they don't know much about what is going on... unless perhaps they know our names from stealing cards. Anyone with good sense would not send a mox in one small card-case in a plain, thin envelope.... but oh well.

Sigh... I would have to say that using envelopes, more tape, etc, is probably sillyness. Seeing as how anyone can still just take scissors and make a fast cut.

As I was typing what is said above, my mailman arrived, I went out to show him the letter from Dragsamou, and somehow let him know of my troubles... but he took off quite fast :( However, I got my Island from Mintcollector today, with no tampering.

So far the following addresses have sent me Islands successfully in the last 2 weeks: Illinois, Another Illinois, North Carolina, and Ohio.

So... the problem still lies inbetween here and France... hrm.

Cizzio

Post by Cizzio » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:55 am

I think it sounds like that in france (its where dragsamou and erl00 lives right?) there is a postman thief. I guess you put the cards in a postbox in town somewhere, and when they collect the days post they might go through them and feeling them to see if there are some magic cards in 'em. Dragsamou perhaps u should autograph some crap cards (so they look more valueable) and send them out to some of us guys to see if there will be more cards missing.

/Patrik

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:09 am

I would agree with Cizzio. I live near Dragsamou and Erl00, and this happened twice last week. The envelops were opened and resealed (not very well). I waited for two big checks in these envelops, and of course... nothing :/

>:(

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:09 am

The tampering on the island's envelope I got from Alexis is clearly theft. Its sloppy. Also.. there is a crumb (cookie?) stuck in the tape that I discovered.. hehe yum.

Also.. I looked really carefully.. and tape covering the scissor's cut is applied OVER the stamp saying "Paris-B Chaumont-Rue Goubet (19E)-".

So... we can conclude that this was stamped in paris WITH the island, and the island taken later. The other stamps are applied in a different section of the envelope, so I cannot conclude where else the island card was, or was not.

I like the idea of sending "dummy cards"... perhaps a magic card with swear words and things all over it ;) hehe. We can probably guess they don't know much about what is going on... unless perhaps they know our names from stealing cards. Anyone with good sense would not send a mox in one small card-case in a plain, thin envelope.... but oh well.

Sigh... I would have to say that using envelopes, more tape, etc, is probably sillyness. Seeing as how anyone can still just take scissors and make a fast cut.

As I was typing what is said above, my mailman arrived, I went out to show him the letter from Dragsamou, and somehow let him know of my troubles... but he took off quite fast :( However, I got my Island from Mintcollector today, with no tampering.

So far the following addresses have sent me Islands successfully in the last 2 weeks: Illinois, Another Illinois, North Carolina, and Ohio.

So... the problem still lies inbetween here and France... hrm.
Hi Dylan.
Will you please send me a scan of my Letter.Thanks.
Also this is Major Evidence,as I do not eat cookie and my son neither  ;)
You should have found the Island in another envelope
fold in half and inside a Top loader,the note was on the envelope that I remember,with a Small piece of Red tape.And the letter did get stamped and put in the huge bag with all the letters in front of me.Watch your Postman Dylan,he looks suspicious to me  ;)
I may send another letter,but I will wait for Eric to send his before,as a just saw your letter ready when I was visiting him the day,The Russian Package arrived  :)
I presume,it's maybe on your way now,otherwise,I will ask him on Monday.Let's Catch that thief.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:36 am

Hey dragsamou... yes, I will question my mailman shortly, erl00 and thrond seem to have agreed / heard of the same problem that you are having.. hrm. I will watch my postman, but it is odd seeing as how I get the other islands.

Please pm me your email address, I will send you pictures of the envelope and contents

thanks,
Dylan I.

Midtown

Post by Midtown » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:29 pm

What I dont get is why would anyone do this? Maybe if the postman thought it was a folded up bank note or cheque he may investigate... but if they open it and find a piece of card board with a picture of an island on it why would they bother to post the enverlope on - without the island in.  ???
Mail me for prices on MTG original artwork.

blackfire100

Post by blackfire100 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:38 am

Maybe the mailman (Mailwoman?) in an old MTG playor who likes to collect Islands? An Island Junkie? Must be french...
Image The Great One

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:46 am

problem is that its more than just islands that have disappeared...

perhapes a complaint could be filed with the FBI, and what ever other agencies in other countries deal with such matters?  i don't expect it'll actually help, but it sure couldn't hurt, either, heh.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

blackfire100

Post by blackfire100 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:27 pm

Would the FBI really care about something like MTG?
Or would they be doing it because this is mail fraud?
Image The Great One

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:08 pm

Probably because its mail fraud since it's not really about huge values (yet at least).
Lets just hope noone loses anything really rare and valuable to this  >:(
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:13 pm

Hey dragsamou... yes, I will question my mailman shortly, erl00 and thrond seem to have agreed / heard of the same problem that you are having.. hrm. I will watch my postman, but it is odd seeing as how I get the other islands.

Please pm me your email address, I will send you pictures of the envelope and contents

thanks,
Dylan I.
This is al the most surpinsing that Throind, Dragsamou and myself live in and ship from VERY different areas of Paris.

Meaning that our shipments / incoming mail "join" later in the process when fluxes from a lot of post offices are bundled together. It becomes merely impossible at this stage to locate and steal one single envelope.

The cards I sent to Mike and Chuck were shipped exactly at the same time. I assume they both took the wrong route and are now lost. This seems different to me than "opened" envelopes.

As far as mail theft is concerned, Pder has recieved an open and empty envelope from me last year (a beautiful, valueless and impossible to find 5th Ed Japanese Lord of the Pit) and I did recieve once an open and empty envelope from Troll&Toad, missing VALUABLE content.

There is definitely an issue but I really don't know which one ...

:(
Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:21 pm

this is just one of the facts of shipping nothing we can do about it either we except it or we don't get cards shipped and i don't know about every one else but my collection wouldn't be as nice
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:50 pm

Very strange and good news today, received Erl00's Island in the mail! So, I am very happy and now confused... all letters from me to dragsamou, or from him to me, have been either not delived, or opened and stolen. And earl's, which has mostly the same stamps from the service arrives fine. Very strange... perhaps the person is becoming afraid of the FBI or something?

I don't know.. but I am glad I got it, and thank you again Erl00!

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:24 am

Maybe if I send you an empty opened envelope it will end up on your end with an island...
I can't believe I ate the whole thing