Rate on Beta set and 40 Beta Duals + summer

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

sdematt
Librarities Hero

Rate on Beta set and 40 Beta Duals + summer

Post by sdematt » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Hey y'all,

I'm just looking for what you think would be the going rate on:

Complete set of Limited Edition Beta, slight played condition overall (some NM rares, but power and duals are generally SP but very nice)

and

30 Beta duals (to make 40 total, including the ones in the set)

1 Summer Island (the good art)
1 Summer Plains
4 Summer Mountain
1 Summer Forest
1 Summer Swamp

I ask because I've had these sitting around for a while and I don't play them and was thinking about moving them. I'll post pictures in the next couple of days, but ballpark, what should I expect to get out of it? Where do you think is the best place to move it? Who would be interested in a collection like this?

-Matt
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Matt;

This is not my area of expertise so I am sorry I can't give you an estimate. But I think it will be really hard to help you without specifics and pictures. There is so much difference between value specially on dules and P9 when you compare SP with NM

For a "ballpark" just go online and price them out individually, i.e. SCG for a high end dream ballpark.

My thinking is that the people that have enough resources to pick up that whole package at one time are also people that are looking for investment grade cards.

Those items that you have that are high grade will sell for more graded I think.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Matt

I try to locate a Beta Set in a bunch of MTG shops to have an idea, but none are available, it was easier in 2011, SCG was selling a NM/Mint one for 30k, and everyone commenting were saying it was madness héhé
The links, should give you a rough idea:
http://www.mtgprice.com/spoiler_lists/Beta

http://www.mtgstocks.com/sets/74
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Re: Rate on Beta set and 40 Beta Duals + summer

Post by NeRo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:20 am

sdematt wrote:I ask because I've had these sitting around for a while and I don't play them and was thinking about moving them.
The eternal curse though it will pay off nicely in your case. Best of luck.