Uncut test foil exodus sheet

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:4k that's barely the price of Only one of those Test Prints :-O
Thanks for the links Mark :wink:
Yes, even the person that bought them for $4k, did not make nearly as much as they could have, but they were looking for a quick flip.
How comes, I didn't saw those, I spot the Kitsune Healer as soon as they went online, but was not interested in the 2 offered, but more and more, some auctions on Ebay, are prohibited to me for whatever reason, and I can't even see pics there but could see them on Google images, I miss the Old Ebay, it was so much easier....
As far as I know, those sheets never made it to ebay unfortunately.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
Yes, even the person that bought them for $4k, did not make nearly as much as they could have, but they were looking for a quick flip.
How comes, I didn't saw those, I spot the Kitsune Healer as soon as they went online, but was not interested in the 2 offered, but more and more, some auctions on Ebay, are prohibited to me for whatever reason, and I can't even see pics there but could see them on Google images, I miss the Old Ebay, it was so much easier....
Ohhhhh that explained then :-D What A Deal for the buyer, I wonder if it's a Member from here...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
Ohhhhh that explained then :-D What A Deal for the buyer, I wonder if it's a Member from here...
I"m going to guess they are not a member, otherwise they would have asked for more when flipping them.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
I"m going to guess they are not a member, otherwise they would have asked for more when flipping them.
Do you mean they did get bought for 4K then resold with profit already to someone else, I won't be surprised that Foil Test Prints Exodus Second Series will be sold very soon either in Private or Ebay and probably another pierce of MTG that will disappear :'-( 72 X2= 144 of them #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:17 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
Do you mean they did get bought for 4K then resold with profit already to someone else, I won't be surprised that Foil Test Prints Exodus Second Series will be sold very soon either in Private or Ebay and probably another pierce of MTG that will disappear :'-( 72 X2= 144 of them #-o
- WotC employee gives sheets to ebay user charizard-authority to sell
- ebay user charizard-authority sells both sheets in person to person A for $4k cash
- person A sells one sheet to person B, and the other sheet to person C
- person B intends to not resell the sheet
- the intentions of person C are unknown to me, but i'm sure it's profit motivated

98ViperGTS

Post by 98ViperGTS » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:31 pm

The owner of one of these sheets is considering a $15K offer right now.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:37 pm

I ran across the one I saw probably a couple weeks ago while searching for images of uncut sheets to save for research purposes. (Around the same time that I posted about the Homelands double prints) I also saw the Kitsune healers on eBay while doing this search. I'm not sure I can find the website again, but I'll give it a shot. I did save the picture of the uncut sheet though, and will try to post it here soon. The one I saw is not the same sheets already posted. The already posted sheets have enough blank space at the right & top for more cards, where as the one I saw the full sheet was printed.

Assuming the artifact cards on the left of the previously posted sheets are also on this sheet and simply cropped out of the photo, the sheet would be 10 cards across by 11 cards high. This would be consistant with the sheets produced for other sets during the same time period.

This photo was originally taken on Oct 27th 2010 at 7:21 PM with a Sony DSC-W150 camera. I grabbed it off the internet December 2nd 2013.

Tav

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:20 am

Hi Tav,

That sheet looks like the uncut silver border sheet.

The interesting thing is, the value of these test prints is based on their perceived scarcity, but I fear there are more of these out there than is believed. Kind of like Wyvern back fallen empires, and summer magic.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Tav

I will add scans of the *EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS SILVER BORDER SECOND SERIES* and *EXODUS TEST PRINTS CARDS BLACK BORDER WITHOUT STAR SECOND SERIES* in the Index =D>
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Hey guys! I ended up buying the other sheet that's not pictured in berkumps' post. The foiling process on the one I have is quite a bit different from the other sheet, though I believe everything else is the same. The foiling on my sheet looks more like a "camouflage" foil as opposed to the other one. There's a phone picture below, but I'll take some good pictures with a nice camera in the next week or so.

I wanted to add some details about the foil sheet for the index, since it's much cooler than what I had originally thought. I can't verify if the other sheet is exactly like this or not, but I know who bought it and will contact him to ask.

When I originally started looking to buy the sheet, I thought each card on the sheet was the exact same (so 9 of the same City, 9 of the same Survival, etc.). To my surprise, they are all unique and no two are the same! I've never seen an uncut test print sheet, so I didn't know that's how they printed them.

There are 9 rows on the sheet and I'm going to describe the details row by row (starting from the top). The first descriptor is the number in the right margin. Hopefully someone can help me, as I'm not 100% sure what that means. Is it just the saturation of the ink, or does it describe certain colors being more prevalent? The +1 appears to be darker than the -1, but I couldn't tell any differences in colors being missing, etc.

The second descriptor is about how much foil is on the card. The sheet is broken down into 3x rows of "+1" darkness, 3x rows of "-1" darkness, and 3x rows of "1" darkness. Each of those 3 rows have a different foiling process on them. They either have foil everywhere, foil everywhere except the text box, or foil everywhere except the text box and picture box.

The third descriptor is whether or not the cards have a set symbol. The first 4 rows on the sheet do not have symbols, while the bottom 5 do. I found it very odd that they didn't do either 3 or 6 with the symbol and instead only did 5.

Those are the main differences in each row. However, there is one extra different that makes on the rows unique from the other eight. All the rows have white ink for all the text not in the text box (name, card type, power/toughness, artist name and copyright), except row 3. Row 3 has no white ink in those places, so all that text is foil instead. It looks extremely awesome and I'm not sure why they only tested one row this way.

Row 1: +1 , full foiling on card, no set symbol
Row 2: +1 , no foil in text box, no set symbol
Row 3: +1 , no foil in text box or picture, no set symbol, foil title etc.

Row 4: -1, full foiling on card, no set symbol
Row 5: -1 , no foil in text box, has set symbol
Row 6: -1 , no foil in text box or picture, has set symbol

Row 7: 1, full foiling on card, has set symbol
Row 8: 1 , no foil in text box, has set symbol
Row 9: 1 , no foil in text box or picture, has set symbol

If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I tried to describe all the details fully, but it's possible I forgot something. This is the coolest thing I've ever picked up and I imagine I will have a hard time beating this at any point in the future. The picture doesn't really do the sheet justice. The foiling process looks awesome. It's made in small 1 inch x 1 inch squares, so you can still see the lines that divide each square. It's something I don't think they've ever used on anything else.

98ViperGTS

Post by 98ViperGTS » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Awesome Preston. Absolutely the coolest thing I've seen Magic related. Period. Any chance we can know what you paid for it?

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:43 am

Will you put it on display, say in the store? I'd love to look at it next time I go down to KY.
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:42 am

I'm really glad that a librarities member ended up with that! Thanks a bunch for sharing the info! It's very interesting to me that each of the cards was printed without expansion symbol. Really looking forward to hearing if the other sheet is identical to yours.

Tav

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:36 am

Viper - I'd rather keep that private for now, for both myself and the seller.

BillBo - Unfortunately, we won't be displaying it in the store due to the value and risk of theft. While displaying it would be awesome, keeping it in a safe is much safer (pun intended). :)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:51 am

Congratulation Preston for that wonderful MTG piece of history that you own now, I will compare all the info, but I think that there's no reason that they are different from what was added from someone owning that same Uncut sheet.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.