12x18 Posters - Value?

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

12x18 Posters - Value?

Post by Mr.C » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 am

A local store has Chronatog, Relentless Assault, Greven, Helm of Posession and Rathi Dragon. I want them, but I have no idea what to offer.

What should I offer? I want to stick them on my wall.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Some clown on ebay has them at $999. I gave my 5 to magic-belgium for free.

So somewhere in between i suppose.

moxdiamd

Post by moxdiamd » Fri May 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Does anyone know where these are from?? I have Greven, Helm, and Rathi, but don't remember how I came about getting them. Interested to see what they are worth as well.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:36 pm

They were give-aways to retail stores that were part of a promotion package for the series depicted. Some were designed to be used as mini posters (taped to storefront windows). Similar products were designed to hang from the ceiling and came with very small holes in their tops.

There's a ton of really nice stuff that went out in retail store promotional packages for virtually every release MTG has ever had, and for the big shows and events WOTC has been involved in. In some cases there has been a bunch of different stuff for the same release for different regions of the world.

Some of this stuff was generated by WOTC. Some of it was generated by the wholesalers and event organizers with permission from WOTC. The majority has never been formally categorized or cataloged.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 24, 2013 7:32 pm

It's not like they are priceless but they are one of those "nitch" items that are worth much more to one person than to another.

I'd offer the store about $40.00 for the set. Someone will think that is way too low but I think it is a reasonable opening offer.

What hammr7 says is really true and "tons" is not an exaggeration over all.

It would probably be next to impossible to gather it all. Hobby Japan was really active in producing promotional items for Japan.

I started gathering promotional material when I was in Korea in the 90's but could not get stuff from the US or other places at that time. Then Magic kinda went away in Korea so my gathering stopped.

I don't have all of that series but I do value the ones I have.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.