Korean Foil Ponder M12 Price Check

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Korean Foil Ponder M12 Price Check

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:36 pm

Greetings,
Since its release I've seen Korean Ponder go on eBay from 40-80 USD with an average around 60 USD. I'm trying to pick up two more to some dismay. One gentleman on another site is refusing to let them go for the upper end of that price range arguing that in the future first print Korean Foils will most likely be worth a chunk of change. While I agree with his assessment I can only go from what I've seen market wise. I've asked him multiple times to name his price to which I receive the rebuttal "make an offer".

Opinions, thoughts? Every other price check I've seen lists these around 50.00.

Regards
John
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:15 am

My opinion is that you should move on and find another source. He doesn't want to trade or sell, but he won't come out and say so.

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 am

psrex wrote:My opinion is that you should move on and find another source. He doesn't want to trade or sell, but he won't come out and say so.
I'm starting to get this feeling as well, thank you for the realistic view.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Being a person that rarely knows how to price something I find it very reasonable to request that people "make an offer" if they ask me for something I have not put up for sale. My reasoning is that if they want something that I have not set a price on it is up to them to convince me to sell.

People that post things with "make an offer" on them, however, are fisherman. I may or may not take the bait but if I do make an offer and they are not responsive in a favorable way---like stated above, it is time to move on.

If it becomes a "bargaining" game, I send my wife in.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.