Nemesis Foil Reverent Silence - why so expensive?

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

TheSundry

Nemesis Foil Reverent Silence - why so expensive?

Post by TheSundry » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 am

Hello, all - I'm hoping someone "in the know" out there can help solve a quandry for me.

Many moons ago (so long ago I can't remember) I sold a Foil Reverent Silence from Nemesis (in English) for $0.75.

I just obtained another and was getting ready to list it for sale. I checked (as I always do) for comparable items to determine an asking price...and the cheapest I could find is $15! The cheapest on eBay (where I list) was $29.99!!!

What's happened to drive the price on this up so far? The regular (non-Foil) version doesn't seem to be in crazy demand like I would expect based on the Foil price...Any thoughts?

yawg07
Legendary Chairman of Altered Art

Post by yawg07 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:03 am

It isn't REALLY, that is just what shops have them at. Last foil one on eBay went for $1.
It is in the Ichorid SB in Vintage, and in both Legacy/Vintage it will show up in wishboards for Belcher and Loam.

TheSundry

Post by TheSundry » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:15 pm

Thanks for the information. It's always a problem with pricing these things - remembering that just because a store is listing a card at a certain price, that doesn't mean they're necessarily going to get it!

I didn't even see the recently ended one...I usually check those. D'oh! I must have been mesmerized so much by the high prices that I forgot to look.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:26 pm

TheSundry wrote: I didn't even see the recently ended one...I usually check those. D'oh! I must have been mesmerized so much by the high prices that I forgot to look.
l0qii's great 'Experimental Price Looker-Upper' may help:
http://apathyhouse.com/

TheSundry

Post by TheSundry » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

I just discovered that last night after I posted my original inquiry (the Firefox plug-in is amazing!). I haven't played with it enough yet to know how much to trust the information, but it is definitely something I'm looking at!