If a "Proposal" card became available for purchase

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm

magic-belgium wrote:This member chose not to tell about his collection and who he is, probably for security reasons. We have to respect that.
That's why you should stay quiet I think.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Tue May 10, 2011 2:22 pm

pp wrote:
magic-belgium wrote:This member chose not to tell about his collection and who he is, probably for security reasons. We have to respect that.
Sorry, I didn't want to be neither impolite nor indiscreet

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 pm

1996 WC was the Card of the Day on 9/4/04 and again 12/9/05. In both cases WotC reported that the winner sold it for more than $10K
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/A ... /cotd/1205
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/A ... /cotd/0904

But let's keep this thread on topic. To discuss the 1996 WC further there is already a topic http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=2840

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Tue May 10, 2011 3:36 pm

effai wrote:
pp wrote:
Sorry, I didn't want to be neither impolite nor indiscreet
:-P Nono
In general, if a person chooses to stay anonymous on certain collector items, and there can be punchy reasons for that, then it should be respected and not be released drop by drop.

On the other hand it is of community interest.

sdematt
Librarities Hero

Post by sdematt » Tue May 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Does this member actually post or is just a member?

I'm not trying to pry, I'm just wondering if it's someone we know, or just a lurker who never visits. Congrats on having the card, btw, whoever is reading this :)

-Matt
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Think you should probably not pry so much, as there are only a handful of members here that are from Switzerland. If he wants his privacy, he should be entitled to it.

sdematt
Librarities Hero

Post by sdematt » Wed May 11, 2011 12:02 am

Not trying to pry, just want to say congratulations :)

I'm pretty sure there's a picture of Proposal somewhere, isn't there?

-Matt
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Collector of Beta/Alpha Dual Lands

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 am

sdematt wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a picture of Proposal somewhere, isn't there?
-Matt
No, and this has always been at the request of Richard Garfield. There are images of a Proposal card that have the incorrect art on them.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue May 07, 2013 10:31 am

l0qii wrote:
sdematt wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a picture of Proposal somewhere, isn't there?
-Matt
No, and this has always been at the request of Richard Garfield. There are images of a Proposal card that have the incorrect art on them.
Hi Tim
Digging that old topic, on different talks that I had with Quinton hoover, there was something that never been mentioned before, the sketch and art of proposal, while Quinton has "lost" the card, he still was having those.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 pm

dragsamou wrote:
l0qii wrote:
-Matt
Hi Tim
Digging that old topic, on different talks that I had with Quinton hoover, there was something that never been mentioned before, the sketch and art of proposal, while Quinton has "lost" the card, he still was having those.
Are they believed to be auctioned off?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue May 07, 2013 12:55 pm

johnstown713 wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
l0qii wrote:
-Matt
Hi Tim
Are they believed to be auctioned off?
To be honest, I don't know, where they are now, while the Art was supposed to be given to Richard Garfield for his marriage, I don't know what happened to the sketch, I couldn't get it from Quinton :-(
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 am

Hi Members

Digging that old topic again, but with a good reason :wink:

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/commen ... d_vesuvan/

[–]im_horrible_yo[S]
Thank you for your reply's. I really appreciate it! Maybe I'll post the rarest of all MTG cards.... :)

[–]madoli
You mean Proposal?!

[–]im_horrible_yo[S]
Yep. I have a super secret squirrel version.

[–]Darkerson 6 points 10 hours ago
Id be happy even with the regular version he made, but a squirrel version sounds hilarious!

[–]im_horrible_yo[S]
I know all the hidden secrets to his art. There's a good one in Goblin Tutor specifically for the art directors. Can anyone find it?

[–]madoli
Squirrels rule!

[–]im_horrible_yo[S]
Did you know the only copy he had of that card was stolen in Tokyo, Japan during a convention from the card signing table? That was one of four ever produced. It was his personal copy.

[–]flclreddit
That's horrible. Reminds me of when Kaiba ripped up that Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

[–]im_horrible_yo[S]
The theft got a response from the Prime Minister of Japan. If I can find the letter from him, I'll post it. That countries response to a Magic the Gathering card blew my mind.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:13 am

Quite frankly I would not even want one unless Richard himself gave it to me. If that happened it would mean more to me than a simple item in a collection.

If ever that specific item is degregated to a mere piece of commercial traffic I personally will be greatly saddened.

Thus far the opinions expressed on this thread indicate a real lack of sensitivity.

I detest this whole conversation and wish it would be deleted.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:24 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Quite frankly I would not even want one unless Richard himself gave it to me. If that happened it would mean more to me than a simple item in a collection.

If ever that specific item is degregated to a mere piece of commercial traffic I personally will be greatly saddened.

Thus far the opinions expressed on this thread indicate a real lack of sensitivity.

I detest this whole conversation and wish it would be deleted.
Hi Gary

If I post this , it was to prove the veracity of the existence of the Sketch that I always mentioned. Now, I don't make any judgment on what Quinton Hoover's son wish to do with everything mentioned in this conversation.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Alexis;

There are two things I have acquired by living all these years;

1) The will to say what I believe no matter how politically correct or incorrect it might be.

2) The ability to allow others to do the same.

My discomfort with this topic is because of my personal respect for Richard. I don't expect everyone else to share that, specially those that have never spent any time with him. He is of a gentle spirit. Of such there are far too few in this world.

Thank you for your understanding.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.