Magister of Worth

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Magister of Worth

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Where is the magister of worth promo located in the rarities section? Also, someone found me the s-chinese conspiracy promo, so that exists.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Magister of Worth

Post by dragsamou » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:29 pm

berkumps wrote:Where is the magister of worth promo located in the rarities section? Also, someone found me the s-chinese conspiracy promo, so that exists.
Hi Mark

I was pretty sure that I added it in the Launch Party Promo subsection as it's a
Conspiracy Launch Weekend Promo, but no, so will add it later, maybe the release Promo subsection is more accurate, as it doesn't have the Launch text but the * ?. In which languages it exist beside English, Japanese ?
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Should be English, Japanese and simplified Chinese

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:33 am

berkumps wrote:Should be English, Japanese and simplified Chinese
Hi Mark

But apparently, there's German and Spanish ones offered on MKM, to be verified of course. To be honnest, I still don't know for sure where to place it, as no precised info provide me a clear answer. I think the correct answer might be WPN promo:
http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources ... _en_US.pdf

But WPN Gateway Promo program now longer exists since 2012.
Release Event Promos since 2007
Lanch Party Promos have a "Launch" since 2011, but not this promo.
So I'm still lost where to add it.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 pm

There are no German 'Magister of Worth' - the ones on MCM where/are errors. :)

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:49 am

In addition to the pdf you linked Alexis, I also found this one:

https://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/files ... 001_en.pdf

In both yours and mine, it says:
pdf wrote:Use these promo cards to support
Magic: The Gathering—Conspiracy
booster display sales and booster
drafts in your store!
magiccards.info lists the card as a buy-a-box promo, so perhaps that's where it could be put?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm

berkumps wrote:In addition to the pdf you linked Alexis, I also found this one:

https://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/files ... 001_en.pdf

In both yours and mine, it says:
pdf wrote:Use these promo cards to support
Magic: The Gathering—Conspiracy
booster display sales and booster
drafts in your store!
magiccards.info lists the card as a buy-a-box promo, so perhaps that's where it could be put?
Hi Mark

Looks like, they only exist in English, Japanese and Simplified Chinese. Point is that , they can be placed in 3 or 4 subsections.
The * is really the mark of Release card
Buy-a-Box have "Buy-a-Box" written on the card not Magister of Worth
Launch Party Cards have "Launch" written on the card not Magister of Worth
WPN/Gateway Promos have "Gateway"written on the card not Magister of Worth
And Magister of Worth can fit in those 4 subsections, a real headache #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:02 pm

dragsamou wrote:But WPN Gateway Promo program now longer exists since 2012.Release Event Promos since 2007Lanch Party Promos have a "Launch" since 2011, but not this promo.So I'm still lost where to add it.
Alexis: I don't blame you for being confused. Please remember we are dealing with probably the most chaotic company in the world. They care not if they change the rules of what they do without notice to anyone. We have to use our best judgment when they don't provide a clear distinction.

1) Gateway does not exist as a sponsored program. This card has no relation to the old Gateway program.
2) There was no prerelease for the set so thats out
3) It was available on launch and not before.
4) the company told the dealers to use it to promote sales but did not require a box to be bought for it--thus it is not bab.
5) "Launch" did not appear on cards until Innistrad in 2011.
6) Even if this is not an "official" Launch card, Launch is the historically correct place for it to be presented. In truth it is a "set promotion" card and somewhat unique in that way--though IMHO not worthy of a seperate index catagory.

My two cents worth. I will be interested to see what your decision is.

Hay, you could poll it...

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:51 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
dragsamou wrote:But WPN Gateway Promo program now longer exists since 2012.Release Event Promos since 2007Lanch Party Promos have a "Launch" since 2011, but not this promo.So I'm still lost where to add it.
Alexis: I don't blame you for being confused. Please remember we are dealing with probably the most chaotic company in the world. They care not if they change the rules of what they do without notice to anyone. We have to use our best judgment when they don't provide a clear distinction.

1) Gateway does not exist as a sponsored program. This card has no relation to the old Gateway program.
2) There was no prerelease for the set so thats out
3) It was available on launch and not before.
4) the company told the dealers to use it to promote sales but did not require a box to be bought for it--thus it is not bab.
5) "Launch" did not appear on cards until Innistrad in 2011.
6) Even if this is not an "official" Launch card, Launch is the historically correct place for it to be presented. In truth it is a "set promotion" card and somewhat unique in that way--though IMHO not worthy of a seperate index catagory.

My two cents worth. I will be interested to see what your decision is.

Hay, you could poll it...

Gary
Hi Gary

I was waiting for your input, and in between, I realized that there was another problem to complicate the story:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/841-rar ... ml#card001
It will confusing, if the card is in 2 different places, don't you think so ?
I know now, why this damn regular promo was not added on the website since all that time ](*,)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:32 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Gary

I was waiting for your input, and in between, I realized that there was another problem to complicate the story:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/841-rar ... ml#card001
It will confusing, if the card is in 2 different places, don't you think so ?
I know now, why this damn regular promo was not added on the website since all that time ](*,)
I saw the card there when I was working on convention promos and thiught of it as an OK place given one would have the problem Mark had finding it, I thought your present muse, in response to his quest for it, was to determine a logical place for it.
I didn't like the "catch all" location because it does not give the card any historical reference point, such as launch would.
the "various promos" IMO is only a good place for a card that is waiting to find a real home.

The true value of the board as a reference site will be in being able to find the card/item you are searching for.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:30 am

mystical_tutor wrote: I saw the card there when I was working on convention promos and thiught of it as an OK place given one would have the problem Mark had finding it, I thought your present muse, in response to his quest for it, was to determine a logical place for it.
I didn't like the "catch all" location because it does not give the card any historical reference point, such as launch would.
the "various promos" IMO is only a good place for a card that is waiting to find a real home.

The true value of the board as a reference site will be in being able to find the card/item you are searching for.
Hi Gary

That subsection has been modified, and only 2 cards represent Various Promo out of the 34 there:
Ratti Spietati (Relentless Rats)
Magister of Worth.
Taking care of the website, is like a Full time job already, so I know that a lot of things can be added or improved, but a full time monthly salary would be nice also, and it's not the case héhé
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Cards have been added in the Launch Party Cards subsection:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/817-rar ... -2014.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515