10x "Khans of Tarkir" Misprints

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

10x "Khans of Tarkir" Misprints

Post by Knutsen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi all,

just opened two Booster boxes "Khans of Tarkir" with a friend of mine - and while sorting the cards after rarity, I noticed some strange misprints.

All of them (4 white, 4 blue and 2 lands) are missing some black color/ink, but it seems "only" in parts like artwork, mana symbols, creature values and rarity symbols (which is because I accidentally sorted them as uncommons).

Here are photos ... for comparison reason I added the corresponding normal/non-misprint cards.

4x Blue:

4x White:

2x Land:

All together:

Any idea what the problem was while printing these cards? And - are they any special and of value? :)

Thanks in advance!

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:34 am

There are stronger misprints arround of Kirin, Siege Behemoth and another card, completely missing the black.

Sidenote: all english "rush of battle" are misprinted, they have no "MARDU" Watermark, while all other language versions have it.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: 10x "Khans of Tarkir" Misprints

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Knutsen wrote:Hi all,

just opened two Booster boxes "Khans of Tarkir" with a friend of mine - and while sorting the cards after rarity, I noticed some strange misprints.

All of them (4 white, 4 blue and 2 lands) are missing some black color/ink, but it seems "only" in parts like artwork, mana symbols, creature values and rarity symbols (which is because I accidentally sorted them as uncommons).

Any idea what the problem was while printing these cards? And - are they any special and of value? :)

Thanks in advance!
It seems, through the ages, that having a color missing is often missed by the Quality Control people. I can understand why because the sheets are all handled by machine and probably don't get noticed until it is really bad. Then how far down in the pile they dig looking for them probably depends on a lot of factors (like time of day, status of evening activities--you know all the stuff we all go through... LOL).

Value... darn good question. It is a nitch market and there are some people that really like such things. Now finding them is something else.
Probably how you value them (noting that you discovered them) is probably the best value.

I have several Zendikar full art lands that have color splotches on them and 7 Avacyn restored cards with color variations. Not real interested in either but I keep them to stick in my oddities binder.

Maybe just sit back and enjoy them....

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:09 pm

mmgun wrote:There are stronger misprints arround of Kirin, Siege Behemoth and another card, completely missing the black.
That sounds interesting, can you post a scan?
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.