"Seeded" Boosters?!

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

"Seeded" Boosters?!

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 am

Hi there, anyone have any info on the Seeded Boosters from the Theros Prerelease, sounds like the sort of thing I might like to add to the collection. Also sounds like it might be quite expensive getting the full sets.

Cheers

PS any Pics would be great and any reasonable offers considered of course :)

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 am

If you can wait a bit, they should be available. The leftovers from prerelease events will be used as booster sources except the seeded boosters.

But honestly I would expect them to be in searched condition unless you want the sealed prerelease boxes with 5 additional boosters. But in return should be cheap as they will be containing cheap rares.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I have seen the sealed boxes for sale on eBay but they are all sealed.

If the boosters are the transparent packets then I am not too concerned with getting a global set, maybe just the English versions.

Cheers

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Mark,

If you need them I'd probably be able to find the French ones for you, and of course unsearched.
I assume the price would be ~4 euros each.

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:14 pm

The seeded boosters are the transparent packs with the promo cards at the front.

My seeded booster at the prerelease had two cards of each color, and then the rest of the cards were from my seeded color. The rare is supposed to be in your color (though it could be gold, with your color included), and the only mythic that you might get is the god of your color.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Thanks for that, not what I usually collect but a booster is a booster!

Cheers
Mark

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:57 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Thanks for that, not what I usually collect but a booster is a booster!

Cheers
Mark
Careful, Mark, or you will have to get all those Return to Ravnica/Gatecrash/Dragon's Maxe prerelease boosters--in 11 languages.....

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:29 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Thanks for that, not what I usually collect but a booster is a booster!

Cheers
Mark
I can add these into your shipment to go out this week if you need them.
mystical_tutor wrote:

Cheers
Mark
Careful, Mark, or you will have to get all those Return to Ravnica/Gatecrash/Dragon's Maxe prerelease boosters--in 11 languages.....

Gary
And I have these also.

:-\'

Jason

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:27 am

Blood wrote:

Cheers
Mark
I can add these into your shipment to go out this week if you need them.
mystical_tutor wrote:

Cheers
Mark

Gary
And I have these also.

:-\'

Jason
Get thee behind me...

But I am listening :)

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:47 pm

I won't consider those "packs" to be "boosters". As of now, they won't be a part of my collection. A transparent pack is a no-no in my global set...

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:26 pm

If I were a booster collector it would be a hard call for me. I would go one way then the other... Best of luck and, to each his/her own.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:58 am

I also wouldn't call them a booster however they have semi-randomised content by the sounds of it. And it looks like the manufacturers are calling them boosters, albeit 'seeded' boosters.

Samplers look like boosters but they are non-random inside.

Same for The Demo Games and Battle packs, they look like big boosters but have set contents.

I have some Samplers and Demo games in my collection but no battle packs.

I figure that if I buy them (The clear wrappers) now and decide not to collect them I am at least getting them at a time when the hype has died down a little, prices have dropped but they aren't so scarce that they are considered to be "Rare" by the standards of the average eBayer.

If I decide to collect them later, I just need to fill in the gaps, if I decide not to collect them I can sell them in a few year's time as "Rare" on eBay.

I will get a set in English so I can keep my Complete English set going but unless the other languages throw themselves at me, I am not going to bust a gut looking for them or paying ridiculous prices.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote: I will get a set in English so I can keep my Complete English set going but unless the other languages throw themselves at me, I am not going to bust a gut looking for them or paying ridiculous prices.
I can add a set to your shipment, just give me the heads up.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:03 am

Go on then, just this once! :)

Don't forget I already owe you a fortune, but I got paid this week, was going to buy some more aboriginal art but that is even harder to hide from my wife :)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:02 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:was going to buy some more aboriginal art but that is even harder to hide from my wife :)
:-D :-D :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.