Is a miscut fallen empires set feasible

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Picc

Is a miscut fallen empires set feasible

Post by Picc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi all.

Given that I'm almost done with one of my current binders I was thinking of something a touch more esoteric for my next collection project. Dose anyone know off hand if its possible to complete a miscut fallen empires set?

I know I've heard people talking about miscut common sets but does anyone know off hand if any miscut rare of uncommon sheets got into circulation?

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:28 pm

I've been collecting a FE miscut set, and know another two collectors. I am 60% done, and have been doing it for 6 years. Good luck...

You may want to pick another set like Homelands. I at least don't know any collectors.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:14 am

the only problem with collecting a misprint set of FE is, at the end you have a misprinted set of FE. Maybe go for something more exciting...like a dirtbike?

Picc

Post by Picc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 pm

fvzappa wrote:I've been collecting a FE miscut set, and know another two collectors. I am 60% done, and have been doing it for 6 years. Good luck...

You may want to pick another set like Homelands. I at least don't know any collectors.
Homelands would be fun, its is even more useless then FE.

dry cereal wrote:the only problem with collecting a misprint set of FE is, at the end you have a misprinted set of FE. Maybe go for something more exciting...like a dirtbike?
lol, very nice. I'm married, work in database, and play world of warcraft. I dont think I could have seen myself on a dirt bike even when I was young enough to be cool. Na for me collecting something truly weird would be more fun.
Last edited by Picc on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Picc wrote:Homelands would be fun, it is even more useless then FE.
Haha, this is why I collected a global set of Homelands!

Picc

Post by Picc » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Anyone able to give me a baseline (as much as such things are possible) as to what I should be offering people for your typical miscut unplayable homelands common/uncommon (and or merchant scroll as basically the only playable card in the set)

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Assuming they barely show a second card, and are unplayable (I know, I know, we're talking Homelands-the best set ever) you can get them for usually around $4 for commons, maybe twice that for uncommons (no rares in the set). This has been my experience on collecting my Fallen & Ice Age sets. If you pay more than $10, you're paying too much. Of course, drastic & weird miscuts, plus the legendary creatures & the playable cards will cost you more. Same with multiple connecting cards.

On a side note, I own several HL miscuts, dig up your FE & IA miscuts & we'll talk. I even have the Merchant Scroll...

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

I also have quite a few Homelands miscuts that I'm willing to sell in case this project gets started.

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 am

Picc

Post by Picc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Honestly I cant believe people are asking (or paying) that much for unplayable miscuts (even if they are paired) but then what do I know.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Well, notice no one has bid. I'm most likely your market (since myself and another member is going for a set). And there it sits with no bids...

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm

oh fyi not mine :) i never sell on feebay