Huge summer Edgar sale on MOTL. Kidicarus

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 am

I was wondering if anyone else on here is after the Demonic Hordes? I have been looking for one for awhile because it was the rare I got in my very first pack. Just want to know if my broke ass is going to be in a bidding war I am destined to lose :-D

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:40 am

Well I can tell you I won't be bidding against you for it if that helps. My summer rare hunting days are on hold for now.

My advice would be to get ready with a snipe that is the max you would be willing to pay and go for it, trying not to get caught up in the feeding frenzy (which I usually succumb to when I bid lol)

Good luck, I hope you get it.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:14 pm

There are a handful of summer set collectors, so even if you are up against only one of them, you are in for a good fight :)

Doesn't mean you can't win it, but if you really want it, snipe to the moon!!!!!

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 pm

i_set_fire wrote:I was wondering if anyone else on here is after the Demonic Hordes? I have been looking for one for awhile because it was the rare I got in my very first pack. Just want to know if my broke ass is going to be in a bidding war I am destined to lose :-D
I might be in for it, still considering :)

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:05 pm

i_set_fire wrote:I was wondering if anyone else on here is after the Demonic Hordes? I have been looking for one for awhile because it was the rare I got in my very first pack. Just want to know if my broke ass is going to be in a bidding war I am destined to lose :-D
I put out an earlier bid but decided to save my ammo for some of the other stuff to be listed.

Good luck!
:wink:

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 pm

ouallada wrote:
I might be in for it, still considering :)
NOOOO don't do it! >:-( it is already getting pretty high. So are the lands. 180$ for a mountain? That is crazy! And to think I felt ripped off when I paid 80 for one a few months ago.

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:00 pm

i_set_fire wrote:NOOOO don't do it! >:-( it is already getting pretty high. So are the lands. 180$ for a mountain? That is crazy! And to think I felt ripped off when I paid 80 for one a few months ago.
The lands have gone up quite a bit in recent months.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Ertai's Familiar wrote:
i_set_fire wrote:NOOOO don't do it! >:-( it is already getting pretty high. So are the lands. 180$ for a mountain? That is crazy! And to think I felt ripped off when I paid 80 for one a few months ago.
And I'm stunned that the commons are up into the 90-110 range :-O

... and yet when I mention Summer to pretty well anyone that is outside the gathering of the serious collectors that make up this forum, they look at me like I have 2 heads :-\

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:17 am

Hayden wrote:
Ertai's Familiar wrote:

... and yet when I mention Summer to pretty well anyone that is outside the gathering of the serious collectors that make up this forum, they look at me like I have 2 heads :-\
I think people are starting to learn more and casual players are getting more into pimping their decks. But yah, most dealers around me don't even know what Summer is. Prices are only going to get higher as more people learn. Good thing I got my Summer Demonic Hordes :-D

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 am

i_set_fire wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Ertai's Familiar wrote:

I think people are starting to learn more and casual players are getting more into pimping their decks. But yah, most dealers around me don't even know what Summer is. Prices are only going to get higher as more people learn. Good thing I got my Summer Demonic Hordes :-D

=D> =D> =D>
are you actually going to use that in a deck?

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 am

i_set_fire wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Ertai's Familiar wrote:

Yea, players are really looking for the unique cards these days... it seems even Japanese foils aren't enough anymore. Looking backwards, I realise my misprints are worth more. But looking forward, I know I'm only going to keep paying more.

Giediprime41
Librarities Legend

Post by Giediprime41 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 am

I picked up the copy artifact, did'nt see you wanted the hordes i made a bid on it but it was just a stab at it.
Glad i did'nt go all out for the hordes now, glad you won it.
I got the one i really wanted .
I have enough cards to stack them all up, and commit suicide off the top!

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:50 am

Congratz to the both of you. I'm glad you got what you were after.

=D>

NeRo
Librarities Legend

Post by NeRo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:55 am

Grats to you guys !! Great purchases. Those cards look sweat!

---

Animate Dead $358.00 and REB $355 are really high but both see kind of a lot of play in Legacy. It is pretty obvious to me that more and more people start purchasing summer for playing purpose. I am curios where this will end with that many highrollers in the game.

1st round of basics:
Swamp - $187.50
Forest - $211.38
Plains - $211.38
Mountain - $227.50
Island - $266.53

This is completely nuts imo.

I just picked up the only basic land available on MCM for like $125 shipped. It was this one. Fair deal I guess.

Disk, Swamp, Island, Bolt, Kird Ape, Swords and some minor ones up now - anybody in for those ?

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:33 am

NeRo wrote: Disk, Swamp, Island, Bolt, Kird Ape, Swords and some minor ones up now - anybody in for those ?
Yes this is about to get very interesting... We have not seen a Summer sale like this for a couple of years now, and that was only 3 cards per week over a loooong time.

Sales are strong indeed, and either it is all due to serious collectors fighting over these scare beauties, or the pimp factor is creeping in and this underground enigma called Edgar is actually poking its head into the commonplace light. :-k

More than likely a combo of the two imo - anyone else have thoughts on this?