New (or expanded) category of cards?

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

New (or expanded) category of cards?

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Well part of the mystery I mentioned in a previous post has some light shed on it.

The new cards included in some of the Scars TO kits:

The Mirrodin Peace Strider (gain 3 life) # 119/155
The Pharaxian Pierce Strider (opponent loses 3 life) # 123/155

will be called "spoiler" cards and are "indistinguishable" from the ones that will be found in boosters in Janurary.

This will be interesting. A collector won't know if he has a spoiler card unless he receives it at an event prior to the set release. Thus more collectors will need to become active in sanctioned events. The good news is that you won't have to spend lots of money for them on "you know where" because you can't believe they are the real thing if you see them there.

Gary

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Gary, these two striders were also given out during the SoM gameday for the top 2 of each "affiliated" faction (phyrexian or mirrodin).

I wish they would have done SOMETHING (hello WOTC, an asterisk maybe???) to differentiate between the ones passed out early and the ones that can be found in packs. Unless there is a subtle difference when these 2 striders are released in MB, I will not be thinking of these as promos, even with how the copies were passed out prior to MB's release.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Gary, these two striders were also given out during the SoM gameday for the top 2 of each "affiliated" faction (phyrexian or mirrodin).
That was the event I was refering to.
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Unless there is a subtle difference when these 2 striders are released in MB, I will not be thinking of these as promos, even with how the copies were passed out prior to MB's release.
I have already made a place for mine.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:08 pm

I have already made a place for mine.
I couldn't make it to the gameday :(

I also have this very bad feeling that I am going to miss getting to collect a few of the special "affiliate" packs that will be passed out at the MB prerelease/release events.