Interest in Pre-Release shirts?

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ponagger
Legendary Tolarian Academic Ludologist

Interest in Pre-Release shirts?

Post by Ponagger » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:15 am

Hi all,

The TO at Nationals said that Australia was one of the few countries still doing Pre-Release shirts - for staff and competitors. Not sure who else is, but is anyone interested in these?

I usually get at least one Staff shirt for each event, they get worn once, washed and forgotten about. In the past I've simply taken a pile to the local Op Shop when they've become overwhelming.

If anyone is remotely interested, I'm happy to catalogue what I have - even if the site just wants photos I'll do it.

I also have a big blue polar fleece windcheater (sweater?) with the MtG logo embroidered on the breast.

Cheers

James

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Might be interested; LMK what you have. I already PM'd you.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:11 pm

I already PMed you as well.

Ponagger
Legendary Tolarian Academic Ludologist

Post by Ponagger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi all,

Here's a link to my shirt photos - apologies in advance for the quality of the photos.

I don't think any of them are in "collectible" condition. The plastic print they use starts to crack after washing - see the Melbourne GP shirt for how bad they get after a few dozen wears. There also seems to be no correlation between the labels and the sizes - an XL can be anywhere from snug to gigantic. There also seems to be no pattern for the Expansion Symbol appearing (or not) on the sleeve.

Also, they are all 100% Cotton, except for the Generic Nationals shirt - this is more like that horrible polyester 'sports' material that doesn't breathe at all. There is a 2009 version that is blue (I didn't get one of these).

Each shirt has a corresponding "Competitor" shirt - same graphic, on a different coloured shirt, and obviously missing the "Staff" title (they have no title at all, I just call them "Competitor" shirts). These other shirts were available as door prizes or winning a flight depending on how generous the TO was feeling.

So, more for curiosity and contribution to the site. And the Monopoly shirt I've included just for giggles.