My current project...

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

My current project...

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:27 am

Removed
Last edited by chaosdjinn on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 am, edited 7 times in total.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:32 am

Nicely!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:26 am

very nice.
Can I ask how you're applying the art? Are you just printing it on?

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 am

I also am curious on how these are created. My guess would be a very thin paper with a thin layer of spray on glue. Or for the foils a very thin transparencies with a layer of spray on glue.

If they are printed, I would be very curious to find out how... as most printers are very touchy about printing on thick/changing surfaces without looking like crap...

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 am

these are absolutely AWESOME!!!! Do you have some extra?

The only thing is that the text isn't correct. (Ancestral recall has a flashback and time twister became a 2/2 creature.) The mana drain, force of will, time walk, demonic and imperial seal are hot.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:56 am

Looks nice but the text isnt correct and there is already a normal print korean tolarian academy. (Foiled would be nice tho)

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Fow

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 am

I love these =D> :
If you could make them with the original expansion symbols... :-P :-P
Chris

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:37 pm

l0qii wrote:very nice.
Can I ask how you're applying the art? Are you just printing it on?
After years of experimenting with everything from photopaper to labels to plain old paper with glue sticks, I finally found the holy grail on my quest for proxy enlightenment- 1/2 page Shipping labels from Office Depot. They are the thinnest form of label I have ever found and allow for the cards to be riffle-shuffled in sleeves without the feel of having something adhered to the cards(i.e.- they hardly add any thickness to the card.)

I use an HP Deskjet 1220 printer and the most difficult part of doing this was sizing the pictures up to fit exactly in the art box. Amazingly, I have found at least 4 different dimensions for the art box on MTG cards(The two obv. ones- original and 8th ed. plus some weird 4th korean dimensions). The older cards had some variation on the original size and I have to adjust accordingly.

So, in a nutshell...scan the cards, select the art, open in MS Paint, adjust accordingly , print and peel...voila!!!! Instant proxification!!!

I'm still looking for tons of cards in Asian or Russian so if you have them, let me know. I raided TOGIT's coffers for about 1300 cards on Saturday and this first batch is just the beginning. I know there are some errors (like the Ancestral with flashback and the 2/2 Timetwister...but you can just consider these 'misprints' which Squt will feature at a later date. :wink: :wink:

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Volcanon wrote:Looks nice but the text isnt correct and there is already a normal print korean tolarian academy. (Foiled would be nice tho)
If you have access to foil or regular Chinese, Korean, Japanese or Russian cards, please let me know!!!

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:56 pm

Thrond wrote:these are absolutely AWESOME!!!! Do you have some extra?

The only thing is that the text isn't correct. (Ancestral recall has a flashback and time twister became a 2/2 creature.) The mana drain, force of will, time walk, demonic and imperial seal are hot.
I'm trying to 'line-up' the text so it seems as though it were the actual text in an ideogrammatic language. Some look like seamless translations-i.e.- the Force of Will, Imperial Seal and Demonic Tutor, and some are almost dead-on accurate with their tapping and mana symbol features in the textbox- the Library of Alexandria still makes me smile.

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Re: Fow

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Removed
Last edited by chaosdjinn on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Re: Fow

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 pm

chaosdjinn wrote: You mean Mana Drain wasn't in Prophecy? :-D
In a post-Time Spiral world...we can make it as if it were!
LOL :-D
Indeed :-P

merfolkguy
Librarities Hero

Post by merfolkguy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:56 am

I love the inside joke you can pull on those with anyone who hasn't seen them here...

'wha!? that was in 7th?? '
'oh yeah...but only in the russian 7th....it was major misprint where some employee put ...'
Collecting Merfolk and Lords of Atlantis, 1 of each, every language, misprints, etc.

Atlantis - The Merfolk Project

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:32 pm

Removed
Last edited by chaosdjinn on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:32 am

chaosdjinn

i believe you just crossed the line between fair use and trademark infringement.