Guru Land MISPRINTS!!! Only know copies to exist.

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Tue May 22, 2007 10:52 pm

Wizards has made a lot of mistakes in the past, and has allowed a number of wonderful rarities to get into circulation. Most of these are prized items for those who collect them. But there is also an ugly side of the rarities market originating out of unscrupulous workers at Carta Mundi (and to a lesser extent Wizards itself).

Many people can't tell the difference. Indeed, most collectors don't know that these items even exist. But when you come to an expert site, this one in particular, you should expect to have your "find" and its story scrutinized. If you want to brag, just make sure the bragging is consistent and makes sense. So many people use the site as proof of an items heritage and authenticity that we would be remiss to be anything less than honest.

Sometimes our conclusions lead to great benefit for the owner, sometimes they lead to complications. When an owner has enough concern about an item to hide it from Wizards, then you can usually figure out that greed is the dominating factor over integrity. And in a way it is stupid; if Wizards doesn't have a problem with the item then it will command a premium value without any concerns. If Wizards does have a problem, then you can eventually get your purchase price back from the original seller (unless you got them for cheap, didn't care to document who the seller was, or were the original supplier yourself).

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 am

you suck for stealing and leaving me that mean messege, sorry if the truth hurts...yes i am this bored to do this too

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:39 am

Here's a tricky question...

Should pictures of these cards be included on this website? In the non-standard misprint section?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:46 am

Maybe,

Yes, because:

We post the counterfeit Wurm token in the Crazy Clown section

No, because:

We don't normally put a lot of effort into small volume print errors. When you think about these cards, they are simply missing one color. While this is a little more distinct than some others, its no dfferent than any other Magic cards that are missing a color, have a color too many, or simlar slight oddities. Are we going to carry all of them.

So the answer is maybe, depending upon how this error gets categories.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:39 am

Ha. i'm really banned good work. Yeah I said that guy is a piece of shit ohhh. And you didnt get the cards removed from the show in which wizards was there ryan. So i'll bring one to a future show down in the future and try me then. I do not take well to harrassment nor verbal assault if i'm ever at another show and my baby boy is with me like he was there the entire show...you'll have a problem imediatley So I strongly suggest that you don't try anything. I didn't want any trouble with anyone; I don't know what everyone's problem is? So JUST STOP WITH TEENAGE MELODRAMA... that being said Maybe you know real circumstances that will outcome with threats ryan. So thanks for inquiring about these cards that many think are fake but PSA thinks not.
oh does anyone actually know what a misprint is? I've seen many people shit over cards off center miscut, crimp. Go aheaad and get it graded...that means your card is basically junk. So to say IS THIS A MISPRINT. well find another one like it MISSING the stamp.
maybe i'll wipe my ass with one and we'll have a great misprint.
later

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:35 am

samsworkshop11 wrote:Ha. i'm really banned good work. Yeah I said that guy is a piece of shit ohhh. And you didnt get the cards removed from the show in which wizards was there ryan. So i'll bring one to a future show down in the future and try me then. I do not take well to harrassment nor verbal assault if i'm ever at another show and my baby boy is with me like he was there the entire show...you'll have a problem imediatley So I strongly suggest that you don't try anything. I didn't want any trouble with anyone; I don't know what everyone's problem is? So JUST STOP WITH TEENAGE MELODRAMA... that being said Maybe you know real circumstances that will outcome with threats ryan. So thanks for inquiring about these cards that many think are fake but PSA thinks not.
oh does anyone actually know what a misprint is? I've seen many people shit over cards off center miscut, crimp. Go aheaad and get it graded...that means your card is basically junk. So to say IS THIS A MISPRINT. well find another one like it MISSING the stamp.
maybe i'll wipe my ass with one and we'll have a great misprint.
later
I never actually told any Wizards staff about you having them moron. I only stated I was thinking about it. I would also like to congratulate you for actually getting laid, having a kid, and still not knowing grammer, punctuation, or correct spelling. That is a feat not many of us this day and age can accomplish. Go ahead and hide behind your child....Bitch.

You can thank you being banned to myself and one other person who sometimes uses these boards. So as you say...

"later"

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Here's a tricky question...
Should pictures of these cards be included on this website? In the non-standard misprint section?
Hi.
Definately,as well as the other Misprint Guru with the symbol printed upside down and on the opposite side of the card.
Maybe,
Yes, because:
We post the counterfeit Wurm token in the Crazy Clown section
Hi Henry.
On my part,it has nothing to do with that as the Guru cards without Symbol are not Fakes or Counterfeits.
No, because:
We don't normally put a lot of effort into small volume print errors. When you think about these cards, they are simply missing one color. While this is a little more distinct than some others, its no dfferent than any other Magic cards that are missing a color, have a color too many, or simlar slight oddities. Are we going to carry all of them.
So the answer is maybe, depending upon how this error gets categories.
They are Non standard Misprints Promos Rarities,that's why,they shoud be on the website.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:14 am

thanks for stating the obvisous drag. and johnstown boy I WAS ONLY THINKING ABOUT. keep being a kid man...just keep it up. Once again thanks for your input on the cards. Your diggin your own ditch.
later

samsworkshop11

Post by samsworkshop11 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:26 am

thanks mahdishain. I completely agree. I'm trying I just recieved so many emails and messages that kept instigating the situation. I'm all about being stable and keeping peace with simpel information. It was getting to me. Sorry. I also went into the situation thinking these may be the only ones out there; (I still think they are) I wanted all 31 to be in the open not one at a time trying to tie in all corners for the most money. Simply put establishing a value on a card isn't hard there's mainstream to beckett ect ect. But these were so rare I tried approaching it a different way. It seems I should have been crooked about it to maximize the potential. Anyway sorry if I came across bad to many that wasn't my intention. Just let it be know I do not try to instegate nor do anything much on the internet or boards with this inexpierence came insulance on my behalf. So Sorry... I really am. And started out trying to put these cards in the open the mainstream. Thus I felt I was smashed.
Thanks for all the comments good and bad.