Looking for one Alpha booster

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

SvenskaMagic
Librarities Member

Looking for one Alpha booster

Post by SvenskaMagic » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:17 pm

I'm looking for an Alpha booster.
Ït's not going to be opened so a "known to be not scanned" status is not needed as such.
But the quality of the booster is more important.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 am

Sorry, I don't have one, let alone a spare one.

I have been looking for a few years and although I have seen a few come up on eBay they have usually been around $3500+. This was back before the sudden explosion in booster prices which seems to have come about for some reason that I don't know.

Are you collecting sealed boosters or is this just a one-off project?

Good luck and if you happen to come across someone with a couple for sale I know there are a couple of other people on this site (including me) who are on the lookout, maybe if we get a few more we could split a box :-P

SvenskaMagic
Librarities Member

Post by SvenskaMagic » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:43 am

Im looking for a friend and a member of our magic community who is a collector and he is collecting sealed boosters amongst other things, he a bit older and i dont know good he is with english.

That and an inexperience of handling international trades is most likely the reason he asked me to help him look for one.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:15 am

Good morning,

How much would an Alpha Booster go these days? I've been off the MtG business for 8 years now ...

I still have one Alpha Booster in my collection. Not yet sure I'd like to sell it (it would disrupt the collection), but if the price looks good and if you (SvenskaMagic) are struggling finding one, maybe we can discuss.

My pack is scanned and visible here if you want to have a look at its shape:
http://erl00.chez.com/PacksImages/Alpha-EN-b.jpg

I can guarantee I haven't scanned it :) But I provide no guarantee regarding previous owners ;)

Best regards,
Eric.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi Svenska,

I own an Alpha booster pack. To be honest, I'm not willing to sell it at the moment.

I would say that the current value of an Alpha booster pack is around $2000 depending on conditions, as always. But I could be wrong :-k

I bought it in 2005 to Dave Howell, aka “SNARKE” on both the Bay and MagicLibrarities.

He’s a former production Manager for WotC in Seattle.

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/352-rar ... index.html

I don't know if Dave searched or scanned it but the pack looks beautiful and he guaranteed me that he didn't. Anyway.

I never tried to know what's inside because in fact I don't really care.

I just keep it as an MTG piece of history.

Good luck to you and your friend ! :wink:
Visit the Shores of Imagination