Upping.Last Update 27/01/2010

Personal offers and search inquiries about regularly purchasable standard Magic products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Upping.Last Update 27/01/2010

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi Members.
I will nicely ask to the Members not to "Up" their post,like they do on MOTL or somewhere else.Either,wrote something about the new cards that you are looking for,or wrote next to the first topic Title the last update:
Exampleof what to do:
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=1359
All posts having just an "Up" will be deleted.
Thanks for your understanding.
Last edited by dragsamou on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

implode
Legendary Dragon Master Collector

Post by implode » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:17 pm

Respectfully, it took me 15 mins to find my post buried on the forum. I lost half my posts on this forum. I'm NOT VERY happy about this decision.

Spectral_bears
Librarities Hero

Post by Spectral_bears » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Maybe a limit to one bump every 24 hours. That way people aren't hogging the top of the forum, but it shows everyone else that you are still committed to your list and the interests within.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:20 pm

Thank you for introducing this rule, drags. It gets rather annoying to be going through new posts only to find a topic with no new content.

implode: Honestly, while I understand the desire to be on the front page, it seems like your upping has occurred in the past even when yours was the second or third post on the page. This isn't a particularly busy forum and I think even posts once a week or so would keep your list on the front page. Certainly you can limit new posts to when you have an update?

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:31 pm

I have no problems with Drag's new policy on upping either. The only threads that I will usually "up" are "ebay misprints" & "Summer magic auctions", and only under one of two conditions:

1) If they are moved to the 2nd page in the ebay reports forum

2) If something of note comes up on ebay (ie. textless saga promos, summer magic rares, etc)

Other than that, I will just edit the post to update it, noting the date of the most recent update in the thread title.

Mark

implode
Legendary Dragon Master Collector

Post by implode » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:26 am

flatmatt wrote:Thank you for introducing this rule, drags. It gets rather annoying to be going through new posts only to find a topic with no new content.

implode: Honestly, while I understand the desire to be on the front page, it seems like your upping has occurred in the past even when yours was the second or third post on the page. This isn't a particularly busy forum and I think even posts once a week or so would keep your list on the front page. Certainly you can limit new posts to when you have an update?
Recently since last new year, or probably before that I have upped aprox once every 10 days. Hardly ridiculous. And definatly NEVER when my post was in top 3 on the board.

tetsuo42
Librarities Hero

Post by tetsuo42 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:49 am

I think this is a solid rule. Now I need more Twiddles to justify upping my post :-D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:46 am

implode wrote:Respectfully, it took me 15 mins to find my post buried on the forum. I lost half my posts on this forum. I'm NOT VERY happy about this decision.
Hi.
It took you 15 Minutes to find out your post on 47 Topics =D>
Well,I spent more time deleting 3 Pages of annoying Simple "Up".
Glad,that you are the Only Member that was doing so,I have enough already deleting the 15 Spams Members per day.
Losing half of your Post count means nothing as they are no competition between Members to be the Top posters,as there's Strictely nothing to win that you post or not.
That you are not very happy won't change the fact,that from now,no post can be made of a Simple word:UP.So,please on your First Topic next to the title,you add like I ask,the date of your last update,and whenever you have new researches,you make an update post once in a while.

But,doing this will lead to automatical deletion from me or any Mods.
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDED 10th Wants to list:
++Shivan Dragon 10th++
++Shivan Hellkite 10th++
Thanks for your patronage!!!
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:12 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UP (where did all my posts go--this dropped me off the page)
**NOTE to mods, please don't delete my ups, I want this on the front page. I also lost half my post count
So anyone gonna be nice and find me foil shivan or shivan hellktie from 10th?
All the Members know,that you are looking for these 2 cards,but if 23 Days after,no Members reply,it's maybe because they think,it's really not a hard task finding a Foil Shivan and Foil Hellkite in English or simply they are not interested,or doesn't have any,or the price that you offer are too low,etc....Thanks for your understanding.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:08 am

I agree with drags, we dont really need a lot of `up`ing.