Under and Overfilled Booster Opening on YouTube

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

NeRo
Librarities Legend
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Re:

Post by NeRo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:06 am

Alifromcairo wrote:Cutting Beta sheets with an axe, opening misfilled booster packs and so on...

These days madness is in the air yeaaahhh \:D/ ](*,)
This will be the next thing getting cut up

Image

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Re:

Post by dragsamou » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:29 am

NeRo wrote:
Alifromcairo wrote:Cutting Beta sheets with an axe, opening misfilled booster packs and so on...

These days madness is in the air yeaaahhh \:D/ ](*,)
This will be the next thing getting cut up

Image
To be precised, this will be the third one being cut, meaning 30 Textless Urza Saga NFC are in the wild now...Glad, I never collect those. Regarding Misprinted boosters, I have a small collection of 10 or so, the last thing that I will do is opening them, especially for regular cards, I even own a 15 Rares booster from Guildpact.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:08 pm
Location: Chamonix, FRANCE

Re: Under and Overfilled Booster Opening on YouTube

Post by Alifromcairo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Sadly, this indicates the large gap that there is between the average player/collector or more simply the greedy guy who wants to earn money quickly, and the majority of members on this forum. Maybe not so numerous, about a niche hobby. No elitism there. It is just another state of mind. I guess that few MTG enthousiasts like us are trying to keep memorabilia safe, mostly for our own pleasure of course, but also for historical purposes. Unfortunatly, most of people into this hobby don't really care about these concerns. Maybe the main idea to retain is : you own, you act as you wish ! :-#
Visit the Shores of Imagination

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:57 am

Re: Re:

Post by Neuron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:55 pm

dragsamou wrote:
NeRo wrote:
Alifromcairo wrote:Cutting Beta sheets with an axe, opening misfilled booster packs and so on...

These days madness is in the air yeaaahhh \:D/ ](*,)
This will be the next thing getting cut up

Image
To be precised, this will be the third one being cut, meaning 30 Textless Urza Saga NFC are in the wild now...Glad, I never collect those. Regarding Misprinted boosters, I have a small collection of 10 or so, the last thing that I will do is opening them, especially for regular cards, I even own a 15 Rares booster from Guildpact.
This reminds me of the square-cornered textless Urza's Saga cards in the rarities section,"source unknown". Are they confirmed not to be nfc?

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5657
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Re:

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 am

Neuron wrote:
This reminds me of the square-cornered textless Urza's Saga cards in the rarities section,"source unknown". Are they confirmed not to be nfc?
I don't have the answer either for those or the Foil Textless Urza's Destiny cards, I just know where they came from, one old member should probably have the answer, but the False Prophet Textless never made it out on the secondary market, either in boosters or else. That might be a possibility nowadays as a German Urza's Destiny Common/Rare Uncut Sheet was sold not so long ago.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Under and Overfilled Booster Opening on YouTube

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:42 am

Mark;

This was done, probably, at CM. The way the "sorting" was set up when I was there was a set of shoots for common and Uncommons that the cards came down to the wrapper these cards were coming in different paths with the rare cards being in a separate hopper. If your speculation is right about the "grab a few to make the sample"--which has merit. In all likelyhood the cards would have been grabbed out of one of the common/uncommon shoots and not out of the rare hopper

Just an observation and speculation.... Let m know what is in one if you open it.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Under and Overfilled Booster Opening on YouTube

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:59 am

I will see if I can lay my hands on both boosters, no idea where they are, I assume in a box somewhere in the wardrobe... I hope...

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

Re: Under and Overfilled Booster Opening on YouTube

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:55 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-the-Gathe ... SwvUlWq~Jd

Another underfilled booster, this time a Revised with only 2 cards...

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests