Weights of old boxes.

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fancyman
Librarities Member

Weights of old boxes.

Post by fancyman » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

I've noticed a lot of the plastic sealing on old boxes is short near the top flap. Usually it's just long enough to ensure that packs can't slip in or out, but sometimes it looks a little iffy. I was looking at this Arabian Nights box and wondering if someone could have slipped a pack out sometime in it's lifetime.

http://imgur.com/KY8uh

This box weighs 32.35oz (within .05oz accuracy). I've got one data point for an empty box of Arabian Nights without plastic weighing 1.55oz (within .05oz accuracy). Does anyone care about compiling a list a weight ranges for old boxes?

My data (all within .05oz accuracy):
Antiquities- 32.50oz
Legends box -38.10oz
Dark-33.50oz
Empty Beta 1.55oz

Homelands-32.05oz
Homelands pack .55oz

FE Box - 32.20oz
Empty FE Box - 1.60oz
FE pack - 0.50oz

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:55 am

Looking at the condition of the plastic, and what appears to be a tear in the cardboard in the top-center, I wouldn't be surprised if all of the packs have been removed at some point and 'scanned', and then filled back up with 60 packs that contain no money rares.

If that's true, the question is, when would this have occurred? As some of the money rares of today, were not worth as much back in the day. Maybe all the Juzam's are missing, but the Bazaar's are fine! :)

fancyman
Librarities Member

Post by fancyman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 am

It's actually not a tear, just a minor bend that's gone stiff and cracked over the years. I tried turning the box upside-down to see what sort of opening I could get and what the feasibility of getting a pack out was and couldn't manage to shake one to a position where I could get it, although if I had a long pair of tweezers I might have been able to. Still, this would have been an insanely painstaking process and probably would have really damaged the box.