T-Chinese 4th Edition Misprints

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

T-Chinese 4th Edition Misprints

Post by berkumps » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:50 pm

The misprinted T-Chinese 4th Edition creatures with tiny P/T is not a new topic, and it is known that there exists at least:

Brass Man
Carrion Ants
Killer Bees
Wall of Air

What is interesting, however, is the backside of Killer Bees in the above pic:

It appears this error is also present on the artist proofs (or at least the APs for Killer Bees, as those are the only I own). Can anyone think of how this error would be caused? And why it would also be present on the artist proofs?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:41 am

LOL, now that is a really good question. Do you know if KB was more than one to the sheet? If CM cut up 50 sheets to get the APs it is possible that some of those sheets were the misprinted ones, in which case, all APs would have both printings.

Gary

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:51 am

Like I mentioned before, the only thing I can think of is that Killer Bees and Carrion Ants were in the sheet twice, filling the slots of cards that were removed from the set. Could that be possible?

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:38 am

l0qii wrote:Like I mentioned before, the only thing I can think of is that Killer Bees and Carrion Ants were in the sheet twice, filling the slots of cards that were removed from the set. Could that be possible?
Don't think we can make that work. These are all uncommons (4) and only one uncommon was dropped (fire elemental) so there wouldn't be enough slots (121 Uncommons in the set)--must have been different sheets. Why? No idea.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 am

Ok, thanks for verifying. I couldn't remember which chinese cards were missing exactly or what the rarity was.

I guess we have to assume there were 2 different sheets, with minor differences on 4 cards. Why would they use both sheets for the proofs though? It's such a short print run, it just doesn't make any sense.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:55 am

It would be interesting to find out from the artists just how many AP they got for that set. My SWAG is that CM grabbed the sheets they had left and cut them. There may have only been one or two of one of the sheets and there may not have been a total of 50 even. I know some AP batches were quite different than others as far as count is concerned. What I really wonder is if there are many more other cards that have the scruntched p/t.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.