Unofficial tokens

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Unofficial tokens

Post by berkumps » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:19 pm

I recently acquired some tokens from an online store in Russia (www.cardplace.ru) and thought maybe they should be included with the unofficial tokens in the rarities section. Thoughts? I got a bunch of each (~9 extra sets), if anyone is interested in a set.

They seem to have two different backs (with 2008 & 2009 dating), and are numbered out of /13 and /16, although I could not find for the life of me all of the numbers, so I'm guessing they haven't all been produced/released as of yet. The numbers I have are:

Spirit (2/13), Copy (9/13), Faerie Rogue (2/16), Faerie Rogue (3/16), Snake (6/16), Beast (8/16), Sliver (16/16)

Zombie (3/13), Goblin (5/13), Elf (5/16)

Last edited by berkumps on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:46 pm

That goblin is awesome. I would be interested in three of them, if you can spare them.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

i_set_fire wrote:That goblin is awesome. I would be interested in three of them, if you can spare them.
I would prefer not to get rid of any one token, as I'd like to keep them as sets for people. You can buy just the Goblin token directly from them here: http://www.cardplace.ru/full_description/139043/

I was unable to buy just one of each token for my collection, I had to get 10 of each, so I figured I'd offer the extra sets to anyone that wanted one. They work out to ~$4.10/set + shipping if interested.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I would definitely be interested in 2 sets (I usually like 4 of everything, but want to give other members the opportunity to get some).

The artwork is certainly different enough that I hope the store finishes the sets. I wouldn't be surprised if these tokens get reprinted, and I guess anyone who can speak Russian should try and contact the owners to find out if (or when) the other tokens were printed or will be printed.

The site is pretty nice, so hopefully the owner is into Magic for the longer haul.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 pm

hammr7 wrote:I would definitely be interested in 2 sets (I usually like 4 of everything, but want to give other members the opportunity to get some).

The artwork is certainly different enough that I hope the store finishes the sets. I wouldn't be surprised if these tokens get reprinted, and I guess anyone who can speak Russian should try and contact the owners to find out if (or when) the other tokens were printed or will be printed.

The site is pretty nice, so hopefully the owner is into Magic for the longer haul.
I sent the owner an email asking about the numbering, but have not heard back yet. The email address I got was office@cardplace.ru, but the payment I made was sent to max@berserk.ru, which makes me wonder if they are the producers of the Russian CCG Berserk. If so, I don't think they're going out of business anytime soon.

I'll update regarding other tokens if/when they respond. I'll set 2 sets aside for you hammr7, and if there is little interest, I'll set 2 more.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 pm

berkumps wrote:
i_set_fire wrote:That goblin is awesome. I would be interested in three of them, if you can spare them.
I would prefer not to get rid of any one token, as I'd like to keep them as sets for people. You can buy just the Goblin token directly from them here: http://www.cardplace.ru/full_description/139043/

I was unable to buy just one of each token for my collection, I had to get 10 of each, so I figured I'd offer the extra sets to anyone that wanted one. They work out to ~$4.10/set + shipping if interested.
I would be interested in a set :)

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:26 pm

berkumps wrote:

Fair enough. I would like a set then, two if available.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:37 pm

It looks like there's more interest than I anticipated for these tokens. Right now I have 2 sets left, but I'm thinking I'll place another order for some more. Just keep messaging and PM'ing if you want a set.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Mark
I will need 2 sets, one for my sealed Collection (If they are Sealed) and one for my normal Collection. I will glladly trade them for Unofficial Tokens Sets that I have and are not on the website yet :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Definitely interested in a set if they are still available. Let me know, thanks :)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:23 am

berkumps wrote:It looks like there's more interest than I anticipated for these tokens. Right now I have 2 sets left, but I'm thinking I'll place another order for some more. Just keep messaging and PM'ing if you want a set.
Please get a set for me.

Been down with nasty chest cold so kinda late on this thread.

Gary

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey, new member here. Been browsing this forum for years, and just decided to sign up. I would love a set if there are any left. Thanks. Jason